Reprove #16

You can't make generalizations about people's behavior. 

We are a variety of sort. We are different from each other, one way or another.

Just because you THINK you know someone, it doesn't give you the right to speak on his behalf.

Who are you to know what he really wants? What he really likes? What beliefs he supports?

You tend to misrepresent someone. In this case, he'll be misunderstood... all because of what you said about him. How would you feel if it's you?

So, don't make assumptions. Don't make conclusions.  Don't speak about someone who you don't really know. 

You're friends? Up to what degree? You know each other's names, you went to the same school, you had a few conversations? That's not being friends. That's what we call "acquaintances".

You're friends if you know each other's strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes and you still respect each other despite your differences. You respect each other enough that you only speak on his behalf on extreme cases. You don't talk about him behind his back, when he's not there. It doesn't matter how good your words are. The real question would be: would he say "this" or not?

So next time, choose to shut up. What you say says more about you than the person you are talking about.

#05.03.2016/1246pm/ged