Reprove #28

Well, as a whole, I'm against killing.

And if some person or group like the idea of it, it's not like I can do anything about it.

And personally, I'm not sure it would even work.

Civilian arrest of a criminal? Well, if you have a death wish, you can go on ahead.

How many of us have guns? How many of us can actually stand up to someone who does?

How many of us would hurl ourselves into the fray and interact with them?

Most of us avoid them. If we so much suspects one of being a drug addict, we avoid them absolutely.

Unless you're born to be a policeman, or a soldier, or you dream to be one, or it's your calling, 

I would think it's only then one can make this civilian arrest work. (and there are only a few of them) So as a whole, I don't think it would work.

And also, reacting do not do much. They're just making a lot of noise, echoing what the others have said. 

On the other hand, killing journalists,

Well, I've been a campus journalists. And frankly, sometimes, I do hate news reports.

Why? Some news just dramatize, and the content mostly becomes opinions. What happened to the facts? During my six years of training, we were told to just lay out the facts. Do not give opinions, let the people, the reader do that. And if you can't help but give opinions, then write a freaking editorial, not news. 

I'm not saying those journalists who write dramatizations and opinions deserve to die, who write their personal views and perspective. But as a writer, I make it a point to look at things from all angles. It's never personal, it's fact-finding. And that's what should be delivered to the people, facts.

Maybe layout some standards on news reporting? A guideline? Ethical standards?

I choose my news channel very carefully. 

#06.08.2016/921am/ged