Reprove #65

Difference between licensed professionals and non-licensed professionals?

Except for the license, well, non-licensed professionals are more prone to breaking rules, and not following the laws to the letter.

This is not a general statement, of course. 

Yes, there are also licensed individuals who don't follow rules. Taxation being the first one on the list.

But, as a young professional, and I still have my integrity intact, sometimes you do hear people older than you who say things like that.

Anything we can do not to pay the taxes?

That's the question I was hoping to never hear.

I swear, if I got my own business booming, I'll pay the right taxes.

Just because a lot of people do it, and mind you, a lot of them never get caught, and a lot more of them get away with just a compromise, it doesn't really make it right. It's still wrong.

And I firmly believe this is why our country is a home of cheats. Well, about 90% of us.

The point being, if you're new and young, and you've been taught the Code of Ethics, and you've just taken your oath to get your license, it was a maddening experience. 

Kind of: What the hell do you want me to say? I'm not a freaking cheat. And if you want me to do that, you would at least let me do it properly. And if you can't let me do it properly, then let's just not do it. Duh?

It's like, if you're going to make me cheat, at least let's do it properly. Let's ensure we're not gonna get caught. And that means starting from the roots. And if you feel like you can't do that, then let's just not do anything of the sort, right? Let's just follow the rules, bright and clear!

All-time KJ, in and out.

#10172016/1138am/ged