Reprove #54

During my CAT class back in high school, we're told of some military rules.

One of them is "Obey first before you complain."

Right now, I was like... no wonder our country's not very progressive. We always complain and yeah, we don't obey.

I understand that many people have families to support, be it their parents or their kids and spouse. I also have a family to support. And when I go to these seminars, I feel cheated when I hear people talking.

They talk about not charging or paying the correct taxes because they don't feel that they're receiving anything good from the government. You know, like the services aren't good, and the infrastructure is not well, and that the traffic is so bad and that the crimes are so many, and that unemployment is getting higher.

The thing is... you wonder why that's the case? Can't you see it's because you're cheating? Come on, building infrastructure requires funds, and the biggest source of government funds is taxes. You're not paying right, and you expect to get what you want? 

Obey first before you complain.

Why don't you pay first, convince everyone you know to be cheating to pay the right amounts, too. And then, we'll see. Just because most of us are cheating, it doesn't make it right.

It's still cheating and cheating is bad.

I go to these seminars and they complain about the cost of attending seminars for accreditation purposes as BIR tax agent and whatnot.

Heck, I even heard one saying that she says things to her clients as if she knows what she's saying when in fact, she doesn't know about it. And let's face it, they attend seminars with resentment that they actually don't learn what they're meant to learn in the seminar. No wonder most of them still makes a lot of mistakes. 

Ignorance of the law excuses no one.

Supposedly, you just can't tell the BIR that you didn't know and when you're meant to be penalized, you just ask for compromise. 

This has been the practice. 

If only BIR would enforce the laws strictly, these people wouldn't be thinking that they could get away with it. 

This feels like one rotten tomato in a basket full of fresh ones.

Just saying. I'm totally KJ, alright.

#9202016/901am/ged