12

TW - some parts of this chapter can be distressing to some (mentions of SA)

++++

"Come on Ri." Kai nudged my arm with a smile. "This will be fun, something to cheer you up."

I shrugged. "I'm not too sure, can't we just go back to bed?"

"Ri, I told you we are not wasting this time." He held my chin to make me look at him. "Grayson is with Valerie and Stefan for the night so let's enjoy ourselves while we can."

I forced a smile. "I suppose."

He winked. "Great." He kissed me quickly. "I overheard some guys talk about this house party happening tonight."

"Why are we going to a house party?"
I wondered while Kai dragged me down the streets.

"Ri, it's the summer before classes start again." He told me. "This is going to be the ultimate house party."

"Whatever you say." I replied. "Just try not to kill anyone."

"Unless they deserve it."

"Unless they deserve it." I repeated then my eyes widened. "What have you done to me?"

Kai winked. "Made you more fun." He said in my ear before me slapped my ass.

I gasped but smiled which only made him grin. "Let's at least get some new clothes for this party."

"See I knew you'd like it."

Kai and I settled on a typical beach party attire: for me a bikini top with short denim shorts and for him a white shirt unbuttoned with some black shorts to match. I also grabbed sunglasses for us.

"I am loving the white on you." Kai said, running his finger down my bikini strap.

I smiled and put my hand on his bare chest. "I could say the same."

Kai inhaled sharply and shook his head. "Let's go to this party before I change my mind." I laughed and took my hand in his, dragging him down the street with me.

++++

"This must be the place." Kai said, putting his arm around me.

I stared down at the beach house that was overflown with people and had spilled out onto the beach. There was loud music echoing with people either playing volleyball, dancing, swimming, making out or throwing up or somehow all of the above.

"What gave it away?"

He chuckled. "Let's go." He handed me a can of beer and winked.

Kai and I walked over to the party. "This is going to be so-"

"Oh my!" A woman exclaimed, running over to Kai and I noticed her struggle to catch her balance and could smell the cheap vodka from her.

I exchanged a glance with Kai who merely shrugged. Her hair was a dark brown to complement her complexion. I noticed her nose ring and appreciated how much it suited her nose.