19

"You." I spoke so quietly a human would not have heard.

He smiled and walked to the kitchen to retrieve the bottle of bourbon. It was a new apartment gift from Damon but I suspected he bought it so he could drink it when he was there. 

"Oh Ri, you know you miss and love me." Kai replied, pouring bourbon into two glasses. I walked over him slowly and he nudged a glass my way. He held up his glass. "Cheers to a happy reunion."

"Reunion?" I asked with a glare, I flicked my wrist to send his glass across the room. I heard the glass smash when it hit the wall but I didn't care. Kai looked at the glass than me. I pushed him and he stumbled back. "You left us." I pushed him again, he didn't seem to be fighting me back. "You left Grayson, left me." Another push. "With no explanation, I still have time but you just left." Push. "And you want to act like nothing has happened."

Kai got my hands before I could push him and just looked at me. He didn't say anything. "It's been almost three years, and you jus-"

Kai wrapped his arms around me, bringing me into his chest and I broke down into more sobs. I wrapped my arms back around as tight as I could, fearful that he would disappear again if I didn't.

We stayed that for a while, there was silence but it was comforting. He lifted up my head, wiping my tears with his thumbs. "I didn't abandon you, I would never do that to you or Gray."

"Then where did you go?"

He ran his thumb down my cheek. "I can explain everything."

++++

"So let me start from the beginning, Ri." Kai put his hand on mine.

I pulled my hand back and saw hurt flash in his eyes. But part of me still felt betrayed, so I put my hands on my lap. "Go on, Kai."

He stood up from the table. "Before I start." He took off his black coat and lifted up his shirt. "It's gone."

The mark of Rayna Cruz was gone and no trace of it was there. I nodded with a faint smile. "You must be happy."

"Come on, you have to admit, that's a good thing." Kai said, leaning over and tickling under my chin. I jerked back and a fought away my smile.

He grinned. "Kai explain yourself before I kick you out."

"Kick me without me even saying hi to Gray?" I frowned. "Ri, calm down. He is my son."

"Who doesn't remember you." I lied.

Kai smirked. "I highly doubt that."

What does he mean? I thought.

"What?" I asked, he shook his head waving his hand.

"Nothing Ri."

I rolled my eyes, putting my head on my hand. "I see you kept the ring still." Kai pointed at the silver ring on my finger.

"Kai, I'm giving you one last chance." I said, ignoring his comment. "Before I kick you out."

"But before we start, you better want to check on Grayson."

As soon as he spoke I heard my son whimpering in his sleep. "Oh Gray." I muttered, standing up and rushing to him.

I heard his cries as I entered the bedroom. He was sat up in the bed, his hand over his eyes as he sobbed. "Grayson." I cooed, sitting on the edge of the bed and bringing him into my arms.

"Mummy."

"It's okay, I'm here." I cooed until he eventually calmed down. I smiled, kissing his forehead, and he smiled back, his face blotchy from crying. "Did you have a bad dream?"