15

"What is taking you so long, Riley?" Damon asked me, through the phone. "You should've been here hours ago."

"I'm just fantastic Damon and I love that you care so much. Oh, how much I've missed our chats."

He laughed. "My apologises."

I smiled. "Accepted."

I could picture him rolling his eyes. "But the clock is ticking Riley and we all need you here."

"Damon travelling back from Canada isn't easy, not to mention with this one." I looked in the review mirror to the back seat.

"Mummy." I looked at Grayson. My eyebrows raised as I waited for an answer. "I need to pee pee."

Of course he does. I mentally sighed.

"Can you hold Gray?" I asked him and he shook his head.

I let out a deep breath, rolling my eyes. "And we're stopping again." I muttered to myself, resting my arm on the car door that held my phone.

"I heard that."

I smiled and looked at him. He just smiled. "Sometimes I forget your hearing."

"Riley-"

"Damon I'm in the car with a three year old who has a bladder the size of a penny and will break my car windows if he cries too much." I interrupted. "I will get there when I get there."

Damon cleared his throat. "How you covered putting tape over his mouth and just using nappies?"

Grayson lifted his head up. "Tape." He looked scared.

"I'm not going to tape your mouth Gray." I assured him with a smile. Although.. I shook my head.

I hummed. "Damon, promise me you'll never have children."

Damon laughed. "As much as a little Damon would be fun, it'll never happen."

"That's comforting."

He laughed and I cracked a small smile. My eyes spot the nearest stop was soon.

"And I'm sorry to ask Riley." Damon paused. "You wouldn't of had to have Ka-"

"I don't have any of it." I cut in, glancing at the empty seat beside me. I inhaled a sharp breath and put my eyes back on the road. "I left it all in Italy."

"Riley we could've-"

"You'll have to think of another way because it's gone." I shrugged. "I don't care about what happened to it or him."

There was silence for a moment. "What happened in Paris, Riley?"

I blinked a few times and shifted in my seat. "I'll let you know when I'm in Mystic Falls."

"What happened? What did he do Riley?" Damon paused and I heard the concern in his voice. "What did Kai do?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "He left."

++++

A.N -

- *evil laugh and thunder storm in the background*

- So what an interesting little chapter, comment your thoughts. Apologises its so short but to create an opening to the new part.

And what happened to KaiRi????

- Next chapter will be up soon,