16

"Okay okay." I paused to regain my breath. I panted, slowly standing up straight and clear my throat. "I'm here, I'm...."

I paused and spun around. "Late." I finished realising the room was empty. "Dammit!"

I knew stopping for ice cream was a bad idea. I thought, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Mummy." I looked down back at my son. He stood with his bear in his hands and a tired look on his face.

"Come here you." I said, slumping down on the ground. He walked over to me, and I wrapped my arms around him.

He sat down on my lap. "Where is everyone?" Grayson asked, putting his head on my shoulder.

I put my head on his, inhaling his scent. "I don't know, let me call a friend of mine." I pulled out my phone from Zeke and dialed Damon's number.

"Riley, a little change in plans."

I hummed. "I've noticed, Damon." I replied. "I mean, I'm only in an abandoned news station."

"Don't worry I've got a plan."

I rose a brow. "Why do I get the vibe, your plan is going to result in someone getting killed it hurt?"

Damon laughed. "Thank you for the confidence boost, Riley."

"Anytime, Damon."

"Who's Damon?" Grayson asked.

"An old friend of mine. You probably don't remember him." I explained. "What's this plan of yours Damon?"

"It turned out that Valerie has been keeping a secret from us."

I frowned. "What secret?"

"It's possible to remove a mark from Rayna Cruz."

My eyes widened and I pursed my lips together firmly. I didn't speak for a while. Then I said. "It can?"

"Mummy what's wrong?" Grayson asked me, tugging my sleeve.

I shook my head. "Nothing Gray." I kissed his forehead. "I'm fine." I turned my attention back to Damon. "Why didn't she say anything?"

"Isn't it obvious, Riley?" He asked, but I didn't reply. He sighed. "She enjoyed spending time with Stefan, just the two of them. Well since you and-"

"Okay, I get it." I cut in. "Back to the plan, what are you going to do?"

"I decided that I'm going to let Stefan give me his scar."

My eyebrows rose. "But Damon-"

"Riley, I deserve it." He told me. "All I've done is make things worse, Stefan needs to live his life without me."

"But why not give it to a stranger?"

"Because it has to be a blood relative."

"I see." I said, realising it would've been hopeless for him. "Where are you now?"

"On our way to Stefan to perform the spell, Valerie will be the one performing it." He said. "It's the least she can do."

"I want to be there, send me your location."

++++

"Damon!" I called, when I saw him crouched down on the ground. I looked back at Grayson in his seat. "Don't move."

He nodded, hugging his bear tight and I hurried out of the car. I locked the doors and ran over to Damon, I saw Valerie's blonde hair beside him as she kneeled down.

Tears fells down from her eyes and I was confused until my eyes followed her gaze and saw what her and Damon were focused on. I gasped and dropped down to my knees and felt my own eyes water.