Chapter one- the news

As I flutter my eyes open I smile to the sound of my alarm, 'best song ever'. I am so pumped for the freshmen year. I have so many new stories to tell. I can't wait to see Rebecca, she's been avoiding me, but I guess she's just busy.

Just looking back on my summer vacation so much has happened, mostly hanging out with Todd. But something special that I can't take away happened, the night I lost my V-card. Yeah I may be young but I love Todd and he loves me so we are gonna lose it together anyway, so why wait.

'Laura' that's mother calling for breakfast

Just as I am , climbing out of my warm bed I remember that its the first day of school, that means mums cooking her famous blueberry pancakes, Yay. I get up and I remember to text todd to see if he's still on for coffee this morning. He replies straight away, with a yes and a :* face.

I put some trackies on and nearly trip down the stairs from my excitement. I see my mothers blonde hair swaying as she saysmmorning.

'Good morning young Laura, are you ready for another year' she asks enthusiastically

'Yea mum! Oh umm i meeting Todd before school okay?' I ask shyly

Even though me and Todd have been together for like forever (6 months) mother has never really been sure of him. Is it his flawy brown hair that sparkles in the sun. I get distracted and turn to mother for an answer.

'Of course, just make sure you're on class on time okay?' Mother ask

'Sure'

I quickly finish my pancakes, trying to get away from the awkward tension. I walk upstairs, choose a cute outfit grab my bag and purse and start to head to the door.

As a shout for mother, she stalls me with a concerned look.

'Whats up?' I enquire

'Uhh.. Nothing I just worry for your relationship you know..?'

I know what she's trying to say but I keep quiet and walk out the door with a smile.

'Be safe Laura!'

As I turn down the street my phone busses, with joy I see its Todd, but the text is weird

"He umm.. We need to have a chat when you get to rico's"

Unsure of the texts meaning. I text back with a comforting "okay sure... I love you.."

Why did Todd text me like that, no 'xx's what? I don't know probably just a surprise.

He doesn't text back after I texted him, not even a I love you.

I pounder in thoughts as I walk down the streets of my suburb. I see rico's big red sign and just underneath is Todd sitting reading the daily newspaper. He's always been a fan of the news.

I smile as I approach him, and he waves back. What is up with him today? Is he going to break up with me? What we just had the night of our lives?

He comes in to give me a hug and a greeting kiss. Man his lips are so soft

I try to break the awkward silence by asking him what was wrong.

'Hey so what's up babe'

'Umm well.. '

Crap, what's happening

'What' I snap

'The condom was out of date..'

I am so shocked I go numb

'I know it broke'