Chapter Ten-baby news

'Laurra, yourr having a babby...'She stuttered shocked from th news

'I didn't even know you were having sex?! When did you find out?'

' I took a test the first time I missed my period and it was negative, then it never came so I got another one and it said it was positive. I think I'm about 5 or 6 weeks'

I knew she wasn't going to take this well. I just didn't think I would tell her today..

'Oh my Laura, this is big news. I hope your keeping the baby and I hope it's Todd's'

'Yes and yes'

'Laura, I am very disappointed in you and in myself for trusting you. However I need time to think about this.. And what we are going to do. For now I would like you to go do something productive.'

'Okay' .... I know that Todd doesn't know either though..

'Mum, there's something else too.'

'Please don't make it worse than the other news'

'No it's not, but Todd doesn't know about the baby. He only knows that the condom broke and the results of the first test'

'Well, go over to his house and tell him now. I need some space okay? And he needs to know.'

'Yes mum'

I turn around and I start to head to the door until mum says something.

'Laura, you know I love you and whatever happens I will always love you'

'Yeah mum. I know'

-

Because mum can't drive me to Todd's I had to walk. Once again. As I am walking I remember the last time I was walking alone like this. My mum was dying from loss of blood and suffocation. But thank The Lord for this miracle. I could not raise a baby with out her.

I reach the driveway of Todd's house and I am surprised to see that none of Todd's parents cars are home. His dad works away from home and Maria, his mum, sometimes helps at the daycare. But not on a weekend.

I knock at the door and seconds later Sophie, One of Todd's little sister runs up to me for a hug.

'Lau lau!'

'Hey baby girl! Is toddy home'

Toddy is the word for her big brother. She's only four

'Yup! He's wif bay bay'

Bay is Sophie's twin sister. They are the cutest.

'Okay! May I come in to see Todd? And where's your mum?'

'Mum went to store to buy food'

I am a little worried about Todd leaving his sister from him. I wonder what he's like with our baby.My self conscious adds

I see Todd at the corner of my eye, when I turn into the living room.

'Hey babe. What's up? How's your mum? Is she okay?'

'Hey, yeah she's fine, just recovering' I apply a fake smile to my face even though I'm about to break some news to Todd'

'I just came here cause I needed to talk to you, .. Alone'

'Oh okay, Sophie and bay, stay here don't leave the living room okay?'

'Yup!' They shout melodically

I follow Todd as he takes me into the girls room.

'What's up babe? Something on your mind. Too overwhelming'

'No..Todd I have some bad news'

'Please don't break up with my lau, I really love you!'

'I know that, it's just that'

A moment of silence breaks in

'Its what?'

'Todd I'm pregnant'