Chapter nine- home for mum

After four days in the hospital at the side of my mum, I return back to school. And after a week, my mum returns home.

During the first two weeks of my mums return Aunt Lillian and Uncle Cole had visited. Mothers cousins and nieces and nephews had visited too. I try to avoid the family because I didn't want to feel guilty about the whole pregnancy thing.

I have tried to keep up with how far I'm along and I'm about 5 weeks. I have no belly right now but sooner or later I will. I still haven't told Todd but we are going to the movies tonight and then back to his house for dinner. I think that today is the best time to tell him. Even though I think no time to tell him is...

I've decided on my own that I will not terminate the pregnancy and I will hvae the baby no matter what. If Todd will stay by my side the whole way through then I guess we will keep the baby but if he runs away I will have to out it up for adoption because I can't raise a baby by myself.

It's a Saturday and mum is on bed rest so I'm her little servant for now. I walk in to her room to see if she's okay.

'Morning Mum'

'Morning sunshine, how are you today?'

'I'm okay, '

For some reason my gut is telling my to say something to my mum.

But I know I'm not ready for that

'What's up honey? I can tell something is wrong'

Oh no. Should I tell her, is this the time. I don't want her to have a heart attack

'Uhh.. Nothing just tired. I'm fine'

'No your not, is this about your father? You don't have to see him it was a bad idea I'm sorry,'

'You shouldn't be sorry it should be me saying I'm sorry'

What.. Why did I say that? I can't get out of it now. I have to tell her.

'Why should you be saying sorry Laura. You have done nothing wrong'

'Yes, yes I have....' Here goes

'Mum I'm having a baby'