Chapter 37- Baby shower

Time passed by quite slow, the usual painful walks to school and the work that was extremely tiring. Holly and I finally recovered from our break in friendship, she's going to grieving classes to help with the loss of Thayer. They gave him a funeral yesterday, it was short since he was a still born child. Holly and Tyson decided to give all the clothes away to charity, and for themselves go away for a while. Next week they were planning on going down south, a get away. Todd and I checked the finances yesterday and got some really good news! Overall Todd has saved around $3,750 on umpiring getting $20 a game. But I, had to have less shifts since the pregnancy pain is getting worse. I still got approximately $4,125 which I am extremely proud of. The nursery was paid by Arthur, however me and Todd spent around $250 on clothes yesterday. We didn't want to spent heaps since today is our baby shower, which is super exciting.

Connor wanted me to see it as a surprise, all I know is a partial theme and where it is. He's organising all guests and food.

Mum, Arthur, Maria are all at the place already and Todd was going to pick me up and take me. I am wearing a moon yellow maxi dress with sunflower lace around the edges. It's so adorable and I feel happy to walk around with it on without any form of judgement!

The baby shower is at 1pm till 4pm and Todd was going to pick my up at 12.15 so we can get there on time. Luckily he arrived right on time, and as I locked up the house he came and gave me a kiss.

"Aww thankyou,"

"For what?" he asks lightly flushing

"A simple gesture of love,"

*laughs* "Shame It was just 'simple'"

"Oh whys that?"

He opens the car door, I climb in placing my clutch on my lap

"Just.. cause I miss.."

"You know!"

"Like umm, me going down on you?"

"Yup" he says popping the 'p'

I swat him playfully, attempting to flirt.

The drive is long, but peaceful. Remarks between our personalities show when we switch radio stations, and how he wouldn't keep the Disney radio on!

Finally I ponder on the final decision of baby names. We already know the names for one boy, and one girl which is always a start.

Percy Jedikiah James- Boy

Thea Beatrice Mae- Girl

I do a mind map in my head, considering more names for either a boy or girl.

"So Babe,"

"Hmm," he mumbles

"We still need to decide on another boy and girl name, so all variations are covered"

"Oh yeah, well." he pauses "Do you want to choose a girls name? since I chose Thea last time?"

Whenever I hear the name Thea, butterflies rumble in my stomach.

"Okay, sure"

We sit in silence for a while, plotting through various names.

TODD's POV

I think of names, some that I like. Mostly inspiration from books, cause I'm just addicted to fandoms.

I was thinking a boy called Tobias, from the book divergent cause that's unique.

I ended on the name,

Tobias Bentley Asa

Cause it's unique and it has the names of some of my ancestors.

"Got one?"

"I think so," Laura says

"I feel as though Thea and Percy were just perfect and they're wasn't any doubts! but now its really hard" she explains

"I know," I reply

"So, I was thinking about Tobias"

"Oh yes, that's nice. Reminds me about your favourite movie"

"So, Tobias Bentley Asa"

"Such a nice name, I totally agree"

We smile and I steady my hand on her thigh as I drive down the highway.

"And, another girl?" I ask, enthusiastically

"Well," she starts "I like the name Spencer, it works well with thea"

"Indeed," I stall

"Spencer Willow Ava" she smiles

"I love it,"

"Aw thankyou," flushing as she smiles

-

We arrive at the hall, to find Balloons around each podium of the entrance.

So many cars are piled in lines, and they leave a spot assumably for my car. I slide in neatly, and get out to help laura.

LAURA's POV

We walk into a room filled with balloons. I immediately see two themes in the room, identical to the babies nursery. I smile, looking around seeing all high school friends and then relatives. I big smile grows in my mouth as I feel the joy rise in my heart.

"Congratulations Laura,"

"Thankyou" I say to someone passing by, not recalling who it really is.

I continue to thank people, also admiring the hall. I search the room attempting to find Connor to give him a massive hug,

I see him in the corner, in a crisp dress shirt and near pants. He has one hand in his pocket, the other tugging his pink tie. His way of showing the nerves.

"Hi!"

I scream across the room,

"Hey Laura," he smiles opening his arms for a hug,

"This is amazing!"

"Nah, just a hobby I guess"

"Thankyou so much!"

"Hey, you don't get many pregnant friends in high school.. my pleasure"

I laugh, acknowledging his sarcasm and hard work.

-

The day passes quite fast unfortunately, it was like a wedding reception. Speeches, then presents, name reveal. Everyone was so pleased with our name choices, which was always good. Connor had put so much effort into the day, even had little presents to take home.

The baby shower ends later than expected, mostly opening all the presents took a really long time.

I thank all the guests as they walk out and give them a hug.

"Seriously todd! look how much shit we have!"

I stare down at all the clothes, ranging from diapers to clothes.

"I know, we have so much"

I turn to Todd

"I'm seriously so excited,"

"Me too," he smiles kiss my forehead.

"Even though the babies were a mistake at first, if we never did it we would never of got our twins"

"Also we wouldn't of been this close" he adds

"Were just living life backwards right?"

"Indeed"

《hola people! how are you? this book is growing so much! Sorry for hardly updating, it actually takes quite a while and I try to make them 1000 odd words haha. Hope you have a nice day tho! Remember to vote, comment and follow :-) lots of love kate》