Chapter 8- An accident

'Whaa.. mmyy mum?'

'Yes, Laura your Mum is unconscious as a truck ran a red light just as your mother was turning. Are you the only person of interest to call for moral support?'

'Yes' sadly just me and my mum 'I will get there as soon as possible'

'Indeed'

As I start to cry Todd comes in for the hug.

'Everything is going to be okay Laura, we will have to hurry, take my car ill drive you,'

Todd drive to the hospital as I sob all the way.

What? Could my day get worse? I am a pregnant 14 year old girl that has a drug addict as a biological father and a mother who is in a life threatening condition.

I run into the emergency ward to see a doctor in front of a specific 'theatre room'

'Is she okay? Can see her'

'Laura, your mum is in surgery right now to stop the initial bleeding. I have to say that there's a possibility that she might not make it'

'Im very sorry Laura,'

'Mmm,'

Todd fills my heart with warmth as he cuddles into me. For now all I have is him, and our baby.

~

2 anxious days pass waiting on an answer. I haven't ate anything except a blueberry muffin. Ongoing surgery has occurred and the ridiculous driver that crashed into mother has been controlled

Mother was just driving back from work and she was just exiting the local shopping centre until, I truck came side onto her destroying the whole car and herself. The man had no real excuse other than the 'I was rushing'. Mother has continuously been conscious then unconscious. Kinda like strokes. I got to see her passing by before she under went another surgery. But that's it.

I still haven't told Todd about the news, it's too overwhelming at the moment.

'Laura?'

The doctor who's been with mum, came out. I think his name is Ethan.. I don't seem to notice right now

'Yes that's me' answering with my face buried into the ground.

'Your mother has been in a critical condition, on and off breathing. But it's a miracle, she is alive on a ventalon , but alive. She has a broken collar bone and a few broken ribs'

I am seriously shocked. I can not believe that my mother is alive after seeing the horrifying footage. I immediately smack a smile on my face and I turn to Todd who has open arms for a hug.

'Oh ,my! This is a miracle.' I turn to the doctor, 'May I see her? I must see her'

'Yes you can but mind she has a tube through her nose and right now she is in a deep sleep'

I stand up and Todd follows until I give him a stare. He accepts that I don't want him there and he sits back down.

I follow the doctor into a small room with one bed. I see my mother in a deep sleep with constant beeping noises around her.

I slowly walk up to her giving her a hug and starting to rub her hand.

How am I going to tell her I'm pregnant? She's not in a stable enough condition to hear that type of news.

I wipe my thoughts out and continue to stare at my Mother sleep.