Chapter 19- Nothing Progresses

{Hola everyone! Lucky for me now I am on school holidays so I have much more time to write. The trailer is still up and keep the reads coming! Thanks a lot love Kate x}

I dragged mum out the house so she could take m to Todds, and I would not have to face Maria alone. Mum agreed that she will come inside and try to calm Maria down, but I don't know how that's going to  end.

On the way to Todd's Mum convinces me to call up Cosco's and enquire about getting a job, because I desperately need one. I call up and a friendly lady picks up the phone

"Hello, this is Cosco's how may I help you" The lady peacefully greets me

"Oh hi I saw the poster inside your store the other day about anting casuals. I was wondering if there are any more jobs available?'

"Oh yes certainly! There are interviews this weekend and casuals are needed, do you want me to give you a time to come in?"

"yes please!" I turn to mum to give her an eager smile.

"Okay, will 1.30 on Saturday do?"

"Perfect, Ill see you on Saturday at 1.30'

"Great see you then!"

When I get off the phone I am greeting with a congratulations from mum and a turn into Todd's home.

-

"I didn't even know they were sexually active Jane!" I hear Maria and my mum fight as me and Todd anxiously wait outside.

"I didn't think she would take it that bad" I question Todd

"Neither" He looks depressed as he buries his emotions away from me.

"I feel sorry for making my Mum put up with yours"

"yeah, me too" he mummed 

"So.." he stars to speak, finally "How was school? Did I miss much"

I start to go on about how English was boring and we have a lot of homework, and how I told Rebecca and Rose and Connor. But he doesn't seem to notice much.

"Oh and I got a job interview!"

"Oh cool! Where at?"

"don't laugh K?"

"I wont, at least you got a job, he winks

"Coscos!"

"Oh cool, were off to a start.."

Todds interrupted by Maria looking furious with bloodshot eyes, and My mother walks out angry as ever and simply nudges me and says.

"We're Leaving. Now"