Chapter 25- Appointments and Names

{Early happy new year to my lovley readers!}

"Laura?" My lovley doctor comes out to get me for my third appointment. Most people would of already had their fourth but because I found out the pregnancy late I missed one.

"Hi, your looking healthy and very big Laura"

"Big yes, healthy.. well it doesnt feel like it," 

Todd follows me through the long corridor into the small room. He has tried to come to most of the appointments but sometimes coach wont let him.

"So lets see how this little one is going,"

I lift my top up to my breasts revealing my massive belly, I always feel concious showing my belly when todd is around. The doctor squeezes the blue liqud over my tummy and an image appears on the screen.

"Hmm, your ultrasounds are always very muffled." 

"This happens though when the baby has gastrochisis,"

Todd holds my hand while not taking his eyes off our little baby.

"So are you guys sure you don't want to know the sex?"

I look at Todd and he gives me a short nod,

"Yes, sure"

"Okay well I need to measure your big belly and I need to confirm a few things with the GP too,"

"Sure,"

The doctor records the measurement of my belly and goes into the corridor to find the GP I assume. 

"Looking good," I say observing my belly

"Looking big..." I swat him and he sweetly grins back

"Hey at least now I have a real excuse for being fat,"

"Your not fat!" he says in my defence

"Ta,"

The Doctor comes back in with the GP

"Okay laura your belly is bigger because of the condition plus the baby is naturally bigger. For now that is the only thing that we can predict why you have such a big belly. Also the Baby's heart beat is very muffled almost it is always being interuppted, so keep taing your medicence and I will book you in for a few more appointments,"

"Sure thankyou,"

"He hands me some forms to fill out and a prescription note,"

"Try get these as soon as possible, because it will make your placenta stronger which will help the baby grow better and the growth will be in time via months,"

"It's a lot to take in, but overall it is really beneficial,"

"Thankyou," Todd says.

"Will see you soon," I smile and start to get up, but then I am assisted with Todd's hand.

"You two be safe and keep on you medicene,"

We walk out the doors, pass the entrance and we find my Mum parked in a space close so I don't have to walk that far

"Hi," she greets us joyfully

"Hello,"

"How was it?"

"It was good, so much to take in though,"

"Its hard aint it?"

"Yup, and I have a long road ahead."

"Indeed,"

They was silence in the car as Mum drove to back home,

"So Laura I have been thinking of a few names,"

"Oh cool same here,"

I can't wait to name the baby, names have always been a thing I've loved

"I would love to hear your suggestions Todd, Lau told me the agreement about if it was a boy or girl,"

Mum interuppts

"Well, when I was looking through the book of baby names a few names stood out. Some of them were Ellanore, Beatrice, Madison, April, Tara, Thea.."

"ah! I like thea! its such a pretty name!"

"Yeah, that was one of my favourites,"

"Do you like that name, Thea?" I ask Mum

I got butterflies everytime I said that name

"Yeah I do actually, Arthurs little sister is named theadora,"

"Nice,"

We all smiled with excitedment,

"Also, you know how my name has three 'first names' all together, Todd James Alexander, I was thinking that would be nice for our child. To have three names."

"Yeah it would be unique, also I don't have to narrow my names down as much cause I can have an extra!"

"Yes! So I was thinking Thea Beatrice.. and something else,"

"I like the combination of those names, what about Thea Beatrice Mae?"

"Perfect! I love it!" Todd says so enhusiastically

"I'm really happy! Thea Beatrice Mae is going to be the name of our first daughter!"

"Congrats, since yesterday I didn't think you guys were going to agree on a name," Mum says

"Well we did,"

I hold Todd's hand and he gently places a kiss on my forehead. Then he goes to my ear and whispers

"I love you Laura,"

Shivers go straight down my spine and my heart fills with joy.

-

TODD's POV

"So Sophie, Bay your're going to be an aunty soon. If its a girl it will be called Thea Beatrice Mae"

"Cool, Mae rhymes with Bay. So I like it." Bay comments

"Whatever makes you happy Toddie" Sophie adds.

"C'mon Mom's had a long day lets go to bed and I will tuck you in."

I lead the two girls up to the bathroom, make sure they brush their teeth and I tuck them into their identical looking beds with pink covers.

"Sleep tight,"

I close the door as they snuggle into bed.

Mum comes out the bathrrom in her pyjamas and a hair turban around her head.

"I need to get the girls to bed now, its past 8.15" she rushes to look presentable in her very casual pyjamas

"No worries, I made them brush their teeth and tucked them in."

"Oh Todd thankyou so much, I've been so busy lately. Your the best and my favourite son ever,"

"Well I'm your only son,"

I say trying to get a laugh out of my Mom.

*laughs*

"Todd your'e going to make a great father, just some bumps down the road but overall your going to be proud and I'm going to be extremely proud. But I will miss you when your living at Lau's house,"

"Don't worry I wont miss you!" i say sarcastically as she swats me with a tea towel.

"Go run a bath for yourself, you need one."

"You know what I might actually go run one" She smiles brightly 

I grin.

"and have an early night, you still have a whole week to get through"

"Ugh, but thankyou"

"You've already said that before but your welcome" I smile

She exits the kitchen and heads towards her bedroom door.

{Hoped you liked that chapter, kind of soppy! Oh well have a happy new year and don't get drunk!"