CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“Megan Lauren Jones!” My mother said, waking me up.

“Wha- what?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“Finally, After a year of waking you up.” My mother whispered.

“Why?” I asked, rubbing my eyes

“Well, Skylar asked if anyone could join her to the park and since Steven was still asleep, maybe you could go with Sky” My mother said.

“Okay.” I said, standing up and walking to my bathroom, combing my hair, brushing my teeth, changing into some decent clothes and slide myself into my furry pink coat.

After I change, I went down and saw how prepared Sky was already.

I took my purse and we headed outside.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It’s been three hours straight and still, Skylar doesn’t want to go back home. She’s stuck in the swing and she never wanted to leave while me, I was here getting tired to help her swing back and forth.

Curse this swing.

“Sky, Do you want some shopping?” I asked.

“What’s shopping?” She asked.

“Buying toys, clothes and uhm ice creams.” I said.

Oh god! I’ll cross all of my fingers just for this! I wanna go back home now or shop.

“You’ll buy me ice cweam?” Skylar asked, facing me at her back.

“Uh-huh… So you wanna go to the mall?” I asked.

“Yes!” Skylar said.

So me being tired and not wanting to walk all the way to the mall, Called a cab. I don’t care how much but all I know is I’m super tired.

Not less than tem minutes, we’ve reached the mall and handed 10 bucks to the cab driver.

Another round of walk when Skylar stopped at the toy shop. She begged for a doll and a cooking play set.

“Could you buy me one of those, please? Pretty please.” Skylar said.

“Okay, but after this we will go home now huh.” I said.

“But we haven’t buy ice cweam yet.” She said.

“Okay, okay. After we buy ice cream.” I said.

“Yippie!” Skylar jumped as she dumped two cute dolls and a bag of cooking play set. I thought that was all but then she added some other toys too.

Hundred dollars in total… Wait- What? I’ve spent hundred bucks in just toys? Oh god… Mom’s going to kill me.

Thanks to my credit card I get to pay for the toys because I only have 50 cash in my pocket.

Both of my hands were carrying paper bags of toys-r-us while we made our way to the ice cream parlor.

“Sit here first Sky huh. I’ll just buy us ice cream.” I said.

“Shuw.” Sky said.

“Don’t go anywhere.” I ordered as I went to the counter.

I ordered one strawberry swirl with some sprinkles on top and an Oreo craze for me.

I got back and Sky was still playing with her dolls.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

“That was tiring.” I mumbled to myself as I collapsed at the couch. Skylar run to aunt Cora.