CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:

The days were passing by too early. It was already Wednesday afternoon, Me and the girls are here today watching Steven play perfectly.

They were all talking about how good Steven and the rest play but me? I’m day dreaming about how I would miss these things. How Steven and I used to be like this. And how I will manage to leave him right after the valentine dance.

“Earth to Maggie…” Steven snapped me out of my imagination.

“Hey, Are you crying?” Ellie blurted out. I quickly dried my tears up.

“No-No… I wasn’t crying. It’s just… Dust.” I excused.

“Oh… You’ve been so down lately Megan.” Alex said, ruffling my hair but I was too sad to fix it back into place.

Steven sat beside me and started giving me some awkward side hugs. I could feel the tears blurring my vision again.

I can’t take it anymore, I buried my face into Steven’s chest and started letting out great sobs.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa? Can somebody tell me why my girlfriend is crying?” Steven asked.

“Megan, why are you crying?” Sandra asked.

“No… It’s just. Nothing.” I said, Wiping my tears and trying hard to cover it with a small laugh.

“Megan, are you sure you’re okay?” Steven said.

Of course I’m not you jerk! Ugh! How can I explain that Me- crying- because I was leaving you- Steven. Ugh, why does love so hard.

“Uh-huh. I just, about my dad.” I said again. Now they understand.

I took some bag of lays out of my knapsack and shared it with the gang. For once they were shocked why- for the first time- I shared my lays without even moaning.

But then They didn’t mind it. Go with the flow, they took some handful and shoved it inside their mouths. Those pigs. Humf.

 I just still can’t imagine how I could spend the years without my best friend. Steven and I had just started being together and I was imagining it forever, but look like forever was just until the dance.

I was imagining it that we could go to college together, have the same class still and spend the senior year happily but No, after the dance, everything will be ruined.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

“Maggie! Hey. Earth to Mags.” Steven laughed, snapping me out of my day dream again.

He was teaching me how to drive his precious baby on a vacant village. Where there is no cars and there was a very least population.

“Break!” Steven said, stepping into the breaks immediately, causing me to bump my head on the steering wheel.

“Sorry.” I said, my hand trembling because of what happened. I wasn’t even focus, I don’t know where should I focus. Ugh. Stupid brain, can it just forget the leaving thing first and just focus on my time when I’m still with Steven.

“Too much for driving mags, Let’s go somewhere else. I’ll take you to the mall.” Steven said.

“Yeah okay.” I said sadly.

“Whoa? Is there something wrong? It was like, The person I’m talking to was not my Maggie. My Maggie will be excited just when she heard the word mall.” Steven giggled, nudging my sides.

I just let out a fake giggle. Too much for crying and worrying I’ll just spend my whole time at the mall.

We got to the mall a moments after Steven took the steering wheel. Yeah, I knew how to drive a little. My dad used to let me drive back in sophomore year but they never bought me a car.