CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

It’s been a week since Maggie confessed that she loved me back. I feel like I’m the happiest man on earth. I’ll never ever leave her.

She’s my girlfriend now… Imagine that, your best friend, also your girlfriend? Big miracle!

I was searching for her today here at the cafeteria. We have no classes today, everyone’s busy even the teachers. They’re busy putting up some decorations and planning about the dance next two weeks.

“Hey, Have you seen Maggie?” I asked Ellie.

“Uhm… Nope. But hey, I heard you two are now together?” Ellie giggled.

“Hahaha, yeah Since last week.” I said.

“Good for you. Maggie’s been crushing you since like last two months ago.” Ellie laughed.

“Hahaha, really? Why didn’t she told me?” I asked surprisingly.

“Like freaking duh?” Ellie giggled sarcastically.

“Fine. I’ll go searched for her right now. Bye. See you around.” I said.

“Sure.” Ellie smiled as she walked away.

The bell rang then the practice was now up again. Ugh! I didn’t see Maggie, that was bad.

~M~M~M~M~M~M~M~M~M~M~M~

I heard the bell rang. I knew Steven was already at the fields. He didn’t find me… That sucks.

“Megan!” Mr Chase said.

“Yes sir?” I asked.

“Could you go to the field and grab me a pink paint?” He asked.

“Uhm… Where is it?” I asked, I wasn’t paying attention on his first words.

“At the field. It was on the very top part of the rack.” He said, I nodded and headed to the field.

I saw him played perfectly and smiled when he saw me.

I waved at him and eyeing him saying like ‘Just go on playing’.

I’ve reached the rack and climbed up to reach the pink paint… Once I’ve reached it, I saw Mitchie going to my direction. She already have something on her hand. An open blue paint.

This is not good. I grabbed a purple on in case. So anytime if she dumped me with some blue paints, I have some purple in defence.

I started walking innocently. I noticed that I was wearing my favourite dress… Oh no, this is not good.

“Megan!” Mitchie screamed.

I looked back and then all I know is blue paint was thrown into me.

Oh my god! I have blue paints all over me, My shirt, my shorts, my bare legs, exposed skin on my arms, edges of my hair… everything was covered in blue.

Catching everyone’s attention. Even the football players awed in surprize.

I can’t help it. I felt like crying for being humiliated then there, I remembered my purple paint in hand.

I dropped the pink one slowly and splashed the purple paints all over Mitchie’s body. I heard everybody smirked and heard Steven shouted.

“Way to go Maggie.” Steven laughed.

“Oh god jones! What did you do to my outfit?” Mitchie screamed.

“You started it.” I said sarcastically as I started to walk again, carrying the pink paint and heading into the bathroom to change.