CHAPTER TWENTY

I was in my room, crying. Mom was in her room crying too.

Ugh! I hate this feeling

There’s a knock on my door and heard Martha calling.

“Meg… Alex’s here.” She said then Alex came in.

“Megan… Hear me out first.” He said.

“Speak.” I said, crying under my pillow.

He explained how the truth or dare was played and how Steven refused to make out first. Then he was called gay. I knew how he hated being called gay, he’ll explode.

I was now feeling guilty… I just overreacted last hour. I wasn’t mad anymore but no one can blame me after what happened to my mom and dad.

Alex came to me closer and hugged me tightly.

“Please don’t hate Steven.” He said.

“I don’t.” I said.

My door burst open again made me and Alex jump.

“Megan. Hear me out first!” Steven said, he was catching his breath and he was crying.

“Damn! Dude, knock first! You scared the crap out of me!” Alex screamed, I tried looking like mad or something.

Alex and the rest of the girls came out first leaving me and Steven alone in my room. I burst out crying again.

Steven sat down beside me and started grabbing my hand, I didn’t take it away. He went near me again and suddenly. He started hugging me, in a part which I couldn’t breathe.

He was crying so hard.

“Steven… It’s okay, Alex explained it already… don’t cry anymore.” I said, rubbing his back awkwardly.

He pulled away and started at my blue eyes.

“Maggie, I’m so- so- so- so- sorry.” He said.

“But you still kiss her.” I said, testing his reaction.

Ohmighod… He was crying again.

“Hahaha. Stop crying… I’m just joking.” I giggled.

“Same old Maggie… But seriously. I’m sorry.” He said, burying his face under my pillows.

I leaned closer to him where he was lying on his back.

I lay down with him as he enveloped me in his arms.

“I love you.” He whispered

“I love you too.” I smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morning came and Steven slept in his bed.

It was still six am, not my usual wake-up call but I was awakened by the screaming and arguing again.

Sunday morning, ugh. Why oh why wasn’t my room was built as a sound proof?

“Steven…” I said.

He didn’t move.

“Pst!”

“Steven!”

“Steeeee-Veeeeeen”

“Hey, Baby…”

“Sweetheart…”

“Oh come on!” But still not a single moan.

I went near and kissed him on the lips. Suddenly he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me down with him.

“I won’t mind you waking me up early every morning if that’s how you’d do it.” He smiled.