Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Niall's POV*

That went a lot better in my head. In my head we couldn't stop talking and laughing, instead it was all awkward silences and staring contests. I didn't mean to stare at her, but I just couldn't pull away. I wanted to try and make out more detail that the dark lights washed out. She stared at me too, so I guess she wasn't freaked out.

She most likely was freaked out by Harry. That boy has some issues, when he was finally about to leave us alone he said to me, "if you won't tap that, then I will." Thank god Delilah didn't hear him, at least I hoped she didn't.

We finally made our way through the mess of people and out the door. It was around midnight I'm guessing, and the air was definitely a lot cooler than inside the club. I was about to call a cab from the street but Delilah took my arm and lead me away. "Don't worry about it, I only live a few blocks away." She said.

There were barely any people around, considering the fact that it was New York. In the glow of the lights I could see Delilah a lot better. She was really pale, and her red hair was a lot brighter than I thought it was, not orange but a deep red. And there were a bunch of freckles on her nose. She looked like a typical red head but..better. Prettier than anyone really.

"So, where are you from Niall?I noticed the accent." She asked. I chuckled, how can anyone not notice my accent? "I'm from Mullingar, Ireland. I moved here when I was 18."

She nodded a bit, "Why New York?"

"Long story." I muttered. She looked at me then, her eyes a little wide. I said that ruder than I meant too, but I didn't really care.

We walked in silence for a bit, Delilah slightly ahead since I was just following her. I couldn't stand anymore silence, so I tried once again to make conversation. "What about you? Were you born here or.." She shook her head, "oh no, I'm from Connecticut. Came here for college." I figured, that's why most people came to New York. "Where do you go?" God, I'm so lame. No one wants to talk about school, especially when it just ended.

"NYU, I'm an English major." She didn't sound bored when she answered though, her eyes got a little glint in them actually. "Wait, do you actually like school?" I asked, while laughing. She pouted her lips, "What's not to like?"

"Let's see, the people, waking up, professors that are dicks, the work. Shall I continue?" She laughed and slapped my arm, "okay okay I get the point. But other than that...I like school. Is that a bad thing?" She smirked. "I guess not. I'm glad I finished though. No more school for me." She shrugged,"now you just work until you die." I snorted. "Jeez, way to make it sound cheery."

We didn't say anything after that, but the silence wasn't awkward. I couldn't help but notice how close we were. Our arms brushed as we walked, and it gave me a jolt each time I felt her skin against mine. She was tall too, I realized. Only a few inches shorter than me. "Well, this is it." She stopped in front of a building and gestured to the door. I didn't want her to go, I wanted to have a full conversation with her. I mean, even the awkward silences was nice with her.

"C-can I see you again?" I asked. She smiled, a smile that was almost too big for her face and made her eyes scrunch up. "Sure, let me give you my number." I handed her my phone and watched her as she typed her number in. I couldn't stop smiling, she actually wanted to talk to me again. "It was great meeting you, I'll talk to you soon?" She chewed her bottom lip when she asked. "Of course." my cheeks hurt from smiling, she waved goodbye and walked away. She stumbled a bit on the uneven sidewalk and I laughed. Once she was inside I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "What have I gotten myself into?" I asked out loud.

A/N omfg almost a hundred reads and I'm only on the sixth chapter! thank you guys so much. Please vote and comment, it would mean a lot. And follow me on twitter @RachelCup_