Chapter 27

*Niall's POV*

"Harry! Where's that good sweater I have?"

"How should I know?" He yelled back. "You wore it last!" Honestly, that boy stole way too many of my clothes. "Are you actually freaking out over this?" He asked, now standing in my bedroom door. "Delilah will be here in ten minutes, and then we're going to her parents. Her parents Harry!" I said, still frantically shoving things into my bag, hoping I'll have enough clothes for the four days I'll be staying there. "What's the big deal? Haven't you met a girlfriend's parents before?" I stopped dead in my tracks, really thinking about Harry's question. 

I must have met one girl's parents, but I was drawing a blank. "No...I haven't." I flung the shirt I was holding into the suitcase and angrily zipped it up. "God, they're gonna think I'm an absolute douchebag." I groaned, sitting on the suitcase and putting my head in my hands. "No offense mate, but you kinda are a big douchebag. "

"Gee, that just makes me feel so much better. Much appreciated." I muttered sarcastically. "You didn't let me finish, twat. What I was going to say is that you obviously care a lot about Delilah, and she cares for you. She doesn't seem like to the type to care about what her parents think of you when she already has her own opinion." I nodded my head, absorbing Harry's words. He may seem like an arrogant asshole, but when it came down to it Harry was a good friend. I was going to say thanks but I heard Delilah enter the apartment. Sans the usual loud 'HELLOO' she yells every time she comes over. 

I got up from my spot on the floor and made my way to the living room. Delilah was plopped on the couch still bundled up in a coat and hat. "You look even more nervous than me." I said, noticing her pale face. Well, paler than usual. Her freckles stood out on her cheeks and her hair was frizzy under her hat. "Yeah well, I actually know my parents, I know what will happen." I winced,"gonna be that bad?" She stood from the couch and walked over to me, she automatically nuzzled into my chest and my arms went around her. She was still cold from the ride here. "Come on, we got a train to catch."

*Delilah's POV*

Half an hour later, Niall and I were on the train and were on my way to my parents. "Okay, so your mum's name is Kelly, and your dad is James."

"Correct. And remember to say 'hi Mr. and Mrs. Teal' when you first meet them. It'll win you points." Niall was going over names and what to say ever since we left his apartment. I couldn't help feel a little flattered knowing he was so nervous about meeting them. But lets face it, my parents were judgemental of everyone. They thought I was too good for anyone, whether it be friends or boyfriends. "You've worked out a score card?" Niall sneered. "And I'm guessing mentioning..uh, your sister is a big no no?" His voice getting quieter as he finished the sentnces. 

"Now that you mentioned it, there's something I have to tell you." He looked over at me, and I noticed he took his piercings out. Most of his tattoos were covered by his shirt, and his hair and gone back to a white/blond colour. "My parents still need to go through all of Sarah's stuff and they asked me to help. You don't have to though." I whispered, feeling stupid about neglecting to mention this fact to Niall. "Oh. Okay." He said softly. "Okay?" I asked. He gave a small smile and squeezed my hand. It will be okay, right?

                                                                          * * * *

Not okay not okay, things are most definitely not okay. The minute my parents opened the door I knew these four days will be the longest of my life. Mom's fake smile dropped, and my dad 's only expression was something muderous. "Hi Mom, Dad. Missed you guys." I said, still standing awkwardly in the doorway. "This is Niall."  They barely greeted me in favor of sizing up Niall. "Um, hi. It's great to meet you." He said sticking out his hand. "Mr. and Mrs. Teal." He added on, seeming to just remember the rules. "Oh please, call me Kelly. Shall I take your coat?" And there it was. her arward winning smile. 

"You can call me Mr. Teal. I won't except anything else." My dad warned. "James! Be nice." My mom scolded. Great. I bet things will be like this the whole night. As Niall and I took off our coats, Niall shot me a pleading look that screamed something in between I swear to god I tried and are we leaving yet? 

"Dinner should be ready soon. Delilah sweetie, show Niall to your old room. I'm sure you know the way." She said and strutted off, my father trailing behind. "Missed you guys too." I muttered behind her back, being careful so they won't hear me. I grabbed my bag in one hand and Niall's arm in the other and dragged him up the stairs and to my old room. "Well, your parents are downright delightful." 

A/N short chapter, I know. But I really just wanted to update, hope you all liked in anyway. And just so you know, I'm not quite sure when this will happen but my internet is gonna be cut off but I'll try to update as much as I can!

WHY DO I SOUND SO FORMAL IN THE AUTHORS NOTE I AM SO SORRY