Chapter 10

Chapter 10
*Niall's POV*

Running into Delilah was a dream come true. For days I stared at my phone wishing that her name would pop up on the screen. For days I realized how pathetic I was. I was never that kind of guy, the one that waits on a girl, does everything for one girl. But I would for her.

Then she showed up at my work and agreed to go on an actual date. Well,not an "actual date". I was too scared to call it that out loud, to her face. But I'll take what I could get.

She finally texted me that night after I may or may not have been staring at my phone for hours. Ignoring Harry's stupid comments. "You got it bad mate,never seen you like this." With that stupid smirk that never left his face, leaning against my door frame. I'd slam the door in his face to avoid the temptation of punching him.

We made plans for Saturday, I told her I knew this great place to go to for lunch. She thought it was a great idea, and for three days I sat on the couch wishing time would just go faster. Wishing that I didn't care so freaking much for a girl that I barely knew.
Then Saturday finally came, I woke up around nine and got out of bed, even though I wasn't picking her up until 1. But I know I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep because my mind was wide awake.
Thoughts about today kept running around. The constant thought of messing up and making her hate me played over and over in my head like a chant.

I made a big breakfast because I knew I'd eat a lot on the date if I didn't. Girls are constantly thrown of by it. "How could you even eat all that junk?" They'd ask. But I'd just think screw them, and I never saw them after. I don't want that to happen this time.

After breakfast I took a long shower, letting the hot water loosen my tense muscles. I quickly dried off and got dressed, putting on my favourite tank top and black jeans. I never put much thought into what I wore, I liked the way I dressed. I styled my hair up as usual and with a final look in the mirror I knew I was good to go. I looked at the clock and sighed, only three more hours.

At 12:30 I got in my car and headed off to pick up Delilah. She lived kinda far and with the traffic it would take even longer. I arrived at her apartment and was about to get out of the car but I saw her already outside of the building. I got out of the car and she smiled that huge smile at me.

"Hi!" She said, wrapping her arms around my neck. I hugged her back,my arms snaking around her small waist. We pulled away at the same time, I'm pretty sure my smile matched hers. "Lets go, I'm starving." She said walking towards my car. I chuckled softly, she was so cute.

I opened the car door for her and made my way around to the drivers side. Delilah looked gorgeous, in simple light jeans that were almost white, and a light green shirt that made her eyes stand out even more. Her red hair was curly, but with the frizz in it I guessed it was natural.

"So, where we going again?" She asked as I drove off. "No where really, it's just a small cafe but I love it there." She nodded, "cool." A silence followed, but it wasn't tense. She looked out the window a lot, and I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She looked back at me and smiled.

"Should I turn on the radio? I think one of my CD's is in there." She shrugged and I took it as a yes. I turned it on and my music filled the car at full blast. "JESUS CHRIST." Delilah yelled jumping in her seat. She reached for the knob and turned the music down.

"How could you listen to all that screaming?" She asked shaking her head. "It's not screamo! Let me guess, you listen to Ed Sheeran and that Lana Del Ray, right?" She stuck her tongue out at me,"so what if I do? Besides, it's not all I listen to. Got any other music?" I pointed at the glove compartment, traffic was really bad so it felt like the car wasn't moving at all.

"There must be something good here." She muttered rummaging through my music. "AHA!" She half yelled. I looked at the CD in her hand and saw that it was the band All Time Low. "I haven't listened to that in forever man." I laughed. "It's one of my favourite albums, besides Ed Sheeran." She said, giving me a pointed look.

A fast paced song came on and she banged her head to the beat, I could see her mouthing the words. "That's your tattoo right? All Time Low lyrics?" She smiled and looked at her tattoo,"yeah. I just love that line so much and I really wanted to get a tattoo, so it was perfect really."

I nodded in response, I didn't know what else to say. Finally we arrived and I breathed a sigh of relief, it was too quiet in that car. "Here we are." I said parking the car. She opened her door, "oh um.." I muttered and she turned her head at me with half her body out the car. "Yeah?" She asked, that smile never leaving he face. "I was...er going to open the door for you." I said shyly. She laughed and got back in the car and closed the door. "Well now the moment's ruined." I whined. She laughed and rolled her eyes, "so you're making the lady open the heavy car door all on her own?" She asked, each word dripping with sarcasm. "What kind of gentlemen would do that on a date?" She asked, and I had to catch my breath.

Date? She called it a date. But I couldn't stop to think, with a laugh I got out of the car and opened her door.
We stepped into the small restaurant and were seated in a booth. We sat on opposite sides and I couldn't help feel a little disappointed. My hands shook as I held the menu, this is a date. Don't mess up, don't mess up, don't mess up repeated in my head until the words lost meaning.

A/N ALMOST TWO HUNDRED READS WHAT IS THIS LIFE??? I''m actually so surprised anyone has read this at all! keep voting and commenting y'all