Chapter 19

*Niall's POV*

It was around 1 in the morning when Delilah exclaimed that she was tired. "I'm literally going to pass out." She said, leaning next to me on the couch. "Well we're gonna head out anyway, we could give you two a ride?" Said Zayn, who was sitting on my other side. Michelle was sitting on his lap, practically asleep. "Sure, sounds great. That okay with you Delilah?" She nodded and let out a slight yawn. She was too cute.

After I had sung that song we started dancing again. We barely talked the rest of the night but that was fine becaus it was only ever us. We never took our eyes off each other the whole night. Delilah's hair had gotten slightly frizzy, her curls slowly returning. I lifted her off the couch and we made our way out of the house with Zayn and Michelle trailing behind us. I was leaning on Delilah as much as she was leaning on me, I guess I wasn't as sober as I thought I was.

We managed to stumble into the back seat of Zayn's car. Delilah stirred awake long enough to buckle herself in, right next to me. Her head was back on my shoulder like it belonged there. The four of us were silent as we drove back toward the city. I was too buzzed to sleep unlike Delilah and Michelle who were already snoring. I stared down at sleeping girl, her mouth was slightly parted open and her eyes fluttered. I guess she was dreaming. I have been looking at her all night and it wasn't until now did I realize that she was utterly perfect. From the freckles on her cheek, the curve of her neck that flowed down to her body. Her long legs and all her curves and bumps. I had known her for such a short amount of time and she managed to take my breath away.

After what she had told me in the hallway upstairs I got a whole new perspective of her. The soft voice she used talking about her sister's death made me want to cry. I wanted to tell her all of the things I've done in the past. I'm certainly starting to like her in that way, for lack of a better phrase. But at the same time I didn't want to date her. Do you ever just meet someone and know that you guys could automatically be best friends and just spend time with them every day? That's how I feel towards her. 

I was never the guy to hide my feelings, but she made me shy and vulnerable. Like those green eyes are looking right through my tough guy act. I was too drunk and too tired to sort my feelings out right now, so I looked away from Delilah and leaned my head on the cool glass of the window. I was back at my apartment before I knew it. "Um, I thought you were going to drive Delilah home first?" I asked. "I'm sorry dude, but she lives like on the other side of the city and I'm too tired to drive there. Can she crash at your place?" He said apologetically. I shook Delilah awake gently. "Are we here?" She mumbled.

"Ah listen, is it okay if you stay at my place?" Delilah automatically leaned away from me, if she wasn't awake before she certainly was now. "Um...where would I sleep?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers. "My bed, I'll just sleep in Harry's room."

"Yeah okay. That's good with me." I smiled, "cool, thanks for the ride Z. I'll see you later." Delilah thanked him as well and we got out of the car. "Zayn seems like a man of very few words." Delilah stated. "Well you aren't exactly Miss Chatty Kathy yourself." I said. She snorted,"whatever." 

We made our way into the building and quickly got into the elevator. "I probably have some old clothes you can sleep in." I said. "If you want." I quickly added. She said it was fine and I showed her the way to my bedroom. "How is it that your room is cleaner than mine?" Delilah muttered and I laughed. I rummaged around my dresser and found a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt. "Here, it might be big, hope that's okay." She took the clothes from my hands and gave me a smile. "Thanks Ni. For everything, I had a great night." 

"Same here, we should go out again soon." She nodded and we just kind of stood there. For once the silence was awkward. I wanted to kiss her. I knew that was stupid but the still very drunk part of my brain kept telling to do it. Delilah coughed and said, "well goodnight." So I told the drunk part of my brain to shut up, and said goodnight and left.

It wasn't until I got in Harry's room did I realize I didn't get any clothes for myself. So instead of having another awkward encounter with Delilah I settled for some of Harry's. I crawled into his bed and thought I was too hyper to sleep, but before I knew it I was dreaming.

But I barely slept for three hours before I was rudely awakned by my drunk roomate. "Get out of my bed you asshole!" Harry slurred as he pushed me off the bed. I landed, quite painfully, on the floor. "What was that for!" I growled. "That was for being in my bed. Why aren't you in yours?" Harry questioned. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sighed,"because Delilah's in mine." 

"Well shouldn't you be banging her then?" I stood up and shoved him. "It's not like that." I defended. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, now get out." He shoved me out the door and into the hallway when I bumped into another body. I yelped and looked down, seeing that it was Delilah. "Delilah? Did we wake you? I'm sorr-wait are you crying?" Her eyes were red and her face puffy. She sniffled and looked down. "I'm fine. I woke up and just heard some voices out here." She explained. 

"Why were you crying? Did you have a nightmare?" She finally looked back up and shrugged. "Sort of. Just drop it, please." So I did. "Why are you even up?"

"My bastard of a roomate decided to come back and kick me out of the room." She laughed and looked behind me. She waved at Harry. "Well, I'll let you have your bed and I can sleep on the couch." She offered. "No way, that couch is probably as comforatable as the flaming pits of hell. You're not sleeping on it."

"Well then neither are you." She protested. God, this girl was stubborn. "Here's and idea. Why don't you both shut up and sleep in Niall's room. Together." Harry said behind us. "S'okay with me." I said. Delilah squeked, but nodded. We silently made my way to my room and I left the door open. We got into bed, neither of us speaking. Delilah turned a bit to get comforatable, and I made sure to leave a big enough space between us. I felt my heart pounding in my chest. This was a terrible idea. I could practically feel Delilah's discomfort. But soon I heard her snoring, and I dozed off too.

A/N Oakyyy so sorry for taking so long to update! Hopefully I'll write the next chapter soon :) Thank you so so much for over 700 reads. Keep voting and commenting.