Chapter 30

*Delilah's POV*

I moved from Niall's lap and sat down beside him, curling my legs undeneath me and leaning forward. I was excited to hear Niall talk. But for some reason I was nervous. There was an ache in my stomach, like some kind of warning.  "So well, I don't really know where to start? I guess it happened when I was a kid? Shit, this is hard." Niall started slowly. I gripped Niall's hand and kissed his cheek. "Whatever it is, I won't judge you for it." Niall finally looked me in the eyes and I sucked in a breath. I've seen Niall in all kind of states, but right now his look was so pure and raw, as if I was looking at him for the first time.

"Delilah? Can you help us unpack these bags please?" I heard my mom call down the stairs. I groaned and leaned my head on Niall's shoulder. "Ten more minutes. They couldn't have left us alone for ten more minutes?" Niall chuckled and pressed his lips to my head. "Come on, let's go help her."

*Niall's POV*

Delilah pulled me to my feet and dragged me to the stairs, she didn't let go of my hand until we got to the kitchen where her mom was. Delilah started unpacking the grocery bags and I joined her. I silently thanked Kelly, for if she hadn't interupted I would have actually had to tell Delilah. I know I promised, and that she said she wouldn't judge but I know her. She's a good person and I feel like she's making me a better person anyway, so why do I have to ruin that with the guy I used to be?

As Delilah and her mom talked I stared at Delilah. Her unruly hair was pulled into a lazy ponytail, and she was wearing one of my sweaters that had holes in the sleeves. She had stolen it ealier that month. I wanted to take it back but it had already smelled like her and okay, call me territorial but something about her wearing my clothes made me feel...safe. 

"So what did you guys do today?" James said, walking into the room.  "You know the usual, kicked Niall's ass at Wii." 

"Language, dear." Kelly said, just when I started thinking that she couldn't get anymore condescending. " Delilah rolled her eyes but remained silent. I find it weird to think that a person as nice as Delilah had grown up around these people. I've barely been here two days but I can tell they're those perfectionist parents, who judges everything their kids do. They act like they live in Hollywood when they're really in one of the shittiest towns I've ever seen. 

"You should have been showing Niall around! Introducing him to your old friends." Kelly scolded. "Well I would have, but it's freezing and I'm ninety-nine percent sure that  Dave and Lily moved away years ago." Delilah said, and even I could hear the annoyance in her voice. "Well like I've told you, I'm sure Cameron would love to see you."

Delilah dropped the carton of eggs she was curently putting away, which broke all over the floor. "Oh for fuck's sakes, I just cleaned the floor Delilah!"  Snap. Kelly's demeanour changed from calm and cool to hysteric just like that. She shoved Delilah out of the way and pulled out a mop ad started mumbling under her breath. Delilah rrushed towards me, looking like a scared animal. Delilah pulled me from the room but as we were leaving I heard her Dad say, "language, dear." 

Huh, I'm starting to like her dad more and more.

HI YES LOOK AT THAT I'M NOT DEAD. But I am sorry for being pretty much MIA for a few weeks, I won't bother with excuses though so go ahead and be mad at me. This chapter was also pretty short, but I wanted to show more of Delilah's parents. 

ANYWAYSSS sorry for any mistakes. And I hope you all had a wonderful day.