Chapter 29

*Delilah's POV*

"Shit. Shitshitshit. HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS."  Niall yelled from across the couch. We were currently in the middle of a heated game of Mario Kart. "What do you think I did for most of my teenage years?" I said, pushing Niall's character off the course. "Oh. That was low. And most teenagers go out and party." 

"Who needs to get drunk with a bunch of strangers when you can play Mario Kart alone in your basement?"  

"So you were always a loser?" Niall smirked, eyes still on the screen. I finsished the race and set the remote down. "Well you're the one in last place, so I think it was worth it." I said smugly. "It's rainbow road! How does anyone play this." I rolled my eyes, "you're just weak." Niall stuck his tongue out at me and finished the race. He put the remote down and leaned back, turning his body toward me. "Seriously though, didn't you have friends back in high school?"

"Well, I had like two friends. Neither of which liked to party very much. Sarah was usually the one to go out and night and come home puking her guts out."  Niall laughed a bit, "I can connect with that." Before I could reply Niall tugged on my leg, pulling me loser to him and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Ohh, you were one of those people." I said.

"What do you mean 'one of those people'?" He asked, pouting his mouth and looking unfairly adorable. I poked his cheek, "you're cute. Have I ever told you that?"

"I am not cute, Delilah. Me and cute do not go together in the same sentence." He protested. "Well too bad, you're cute. You're adorable. You're like if a marshmellow and Winnie the Pooh had a baby-" I was cut off by Niall's hand on my mouth. "You're ridiculous. Now don't change the subject." 

I pushed his hand from my mouth and gave him a dirty look. "Just like, those people who don't really care about school and go to parties every night. Like they need to get high and drunk to feel something." 

"You're wrong." He said softly. "What? Wrong about you being one of those people or about the feeling something?"  I asked. "About feeling something. That's not why I went out." 

"Then why did you?" I was getting curious,Niall never liked to talk about his teenage years. This is the most open he's ever been about it. "I did it...to get back at people." He said slowly, looking anywhere but at me. "That doesn't make sense?"

"Not to you, made sense to me at the time."  I waited for a further explanation but didn't get one. Instead I heard my mom call down the stairs, "hey kids we're home! Sorry we took so long, the store was crazy." We said hello back and listened to my parents walking around upstairs. "I was just getting used to them not being here. I'm always paranoid they're faces are just gonna pop up when we're making out or something."

"We didn't even make out!" Niall exclaimed. "It's funner to kick your ass at wii." I shrugged. "Jeez thanks."  I tried to stand up but Niall's grip tightened. "Seriously, what were you like as a teenager? You never told me a lot about your life before me."

"You're one to talk." I stated, honestly who does this boy think he is? I might as well be an open book compared to him. "Don't be like that. If you tell me...I'll tell you about me." He said slowly. I studied is face and saw that he was being completely serious. "Really? Wow, thought I'd have to go on my knees and beg for you to tell me anything."

"Well, now that you mentioned it." He grinned, not bothering to finish the sentence. I loved this side of Niall. Being at my parents house has left both of us in a bad mood and it was nice to joke around with him per usual.  "Hmm, well I don't know what to say. Like I said I had a group of friends who were wild and fun. But we kinda grew apart during college." 

"Tell me about your last boyfriend." I thought for a moment, as a kid I didn't really have experience in the whole relationship department, and preferred listening to music and reading in my room. "His name was Tommy, and we dated in tenth grade. It ended as romantically as it began by him walking up to me and saying 'I don't like you anymore' and gave me a pat on the back."

"Wait, are you being serious?" Niall asked with a laugh. "Completely! How is that so hard to believe?" 

"Just that you haven't been in a relationship since tenth grade. How does that even happen?" 

"Maybe I've just been waiting for my prince charming, and I obviosly haven't found him yet." I said, which Niall protested against by yelling an indignant 'hey!' and tickling my sides. "So, that was the story of my thrilling teenage years, now it's your turn." I said once Niall had finally stopped torturing me. "You barely told me anything! I request more."

"You're just stalling." 

"No, I'm not saying anything until I'm sastisfied." I rolled my eyes, I guess I should have expected a fight. "Do you want my life story or something?"  Niall thought for a moment, and then nodded. Gesturing for me to start."God, you're annoying. But fine." I knew it would be worth it if that meant knowing about his family and the reason to why he is the way he is.

TO ANYONE IN SCHOOL RIGHT NOW, I'M PRAYING FOR YOU. but seriously, I've been swamped lately and that's why I haven't been updating as much. But I promise once exams are over I should be updating more (hopefully). I'd also like to say thank you for 4k reads and all the votes this story has been getting,you're awesome.