Dancetale! Sans x Reader (Part Four): Rhythm Of Love

((Hey, I exist again!!! Yay!

*Markiplier voice*
But, anyways!!! Listen to the jams. The jaaaaaamsssss~
But you may wanna wait. Timing is key.))

The bar was full tonight. The lights were dim like always, the murmur of monsters and humans alike filled the room, accompanied by the crackling noise of fire that came from the owner/bartender of the place, your boss Grillby. Said man was behind the counter, cleaning a glass with a very subtle smile.

He knew you would be preforming soon. He could see good old Burgerpants setting up everything right now. Grillby always loved when you preformed when you used to work for him. He saw you as his daughter, and ever since Fia had moved off to college, he'd become even more protective and loving towards the two of you. And how fortunate he was that you and his daughter both were friends, so you always told him anytime she called and how things were going for her.

A small little ghost flew out from behind the stage, making his way to Burgerpants who was setting up a piano. The ghost, Napstablook, whispered something to the cat monster before he flew off in a rush, disappearing behind the stage before being seen yet again at a DJ set that had been put together just for this very performance.

Burgerpants took a seat at the piano, checking everything to make sure he didn't miss a detail, which he hardly ever did after his terrible job at Mettaton's Resort. He learned from that job to be a perfectionist. And that was precisely what he had done tonight.

However, for this situation, he didn't mind putting in the hard work. He wanted to. He enjoyed this. This would be a great night. At that though, a smile spread across his face, gentle and soft as he placed his sheet music in it's proper place, preparing for the show.

*Meanwhile*

Sans' P.O.V.

I sat at the bar with my head propped on my open palm, my other hand clutching a bottle of ketchup limply. I needed something strong....

Shaking my head, I called Grillby over to order a drink, something that could help me right now. My flaming buddy seemed a little bit reluctant to serve me the booze given my current state, but he did it anyways, sliding the glass over to me and leaning over the counter a little.

"Sans," Grillbz started, voice holding concern. "You haven't made a single joke all night. Talk to me. What's troubling you?"

I looked up at the bartender with an expression that screamed pure dread. He looked me over with a sigh, his gaze lingering at the place where my smile usually stayed, but....I haven't smiled in weeks....not at all.

I took a gulp from the drink, hoping it would help, shaking my head as I pulled up my hood and looked at the counter. "I messed up, Grillbz. I messed up big." Was all I could manage to sigh.

"How so?"

I laughed on the inside, at myself rather than out of humour. I messed up everything in life. That was my opinion, anyways. Without looking up, I explained to Grillby everything that's happened. I told him what I did. What I felt for doing it. And why I did it....God, why did I do this? I just want to die....

Grillby stared at me as I spoke, not saying a word and letting me vent like the good friend he is. "I just....I wish I wasn't so afraid to talk to her...to explain to her what's happened, to talk to her in general and just be around her again. I have so much to say to her.....I want to tell her I love her again. And SHOW HER that I mean it...you know what I mean, Grillbz?"

Said man seemed to smirk, glancing to the side somewhere before he gave a small chuckle. I questioned how he found my suffering funny.

"Well, my old friend....I believe now's your chance to show her."