Napstabot x Reader: Just Let Me Try (Part One)

((I'm sorry about the last chapter. I just couldn't do it. I wasn't intending to troll you all, honest. I just realized while starting to write it that I couldn't. Like I said, I think it may be some weird mental tick or just the fact that I'm awkward. Please don't hate me 0~0" ))

Napstabot's P.O.V.

"Napsta, I can help you set up, really."

"Don't over exert yourself, Blooky, just let me help."

"Nappy, come on, it's okay to get help, really."

"I can help you, Napsta, it's not a big deal."

She always helped. Everytime, no matter what it was. I really appreciated it, but....she just seemed to worry about me so much. I worried that she worried too much, if that makes any sense.....

We've been together for about two years now. Funny how time flies. It seems like only yesterday she was liberating the Underground, and I was just a little ghost following her around because she was so nice. She spent so much time with all the monsters, befriending them and making them smile...but she always went out of her way to be around me. Once we got very close and began dating, she explained to me that it was because she was just like me before; shy, depressed, alone, afraid....she understood what it was like. So she helped Mettaton get me out of my shell and start being more social.

I suppose I owe those two everything now....if not for what they did, I would never be the well-known DJ I am now. Well....thanks to them AND Doctor Alphys. She gave me a body once we all came to the surface, after being urged to do so by Metta.

Those three were the best friends I've ever had. They still are. After all this time... all we've been through...all she's been through.

It's hard to give a back story that isn't your own, but I want to try. For her. Her back story, the things that happened to her that made her fall into our lives...they make me love her even more.

When she was a child, she said that her life was rough. She had never known her father because he had left her mother as soon as he learned she was pregnant...and her mother died due to complications during childbirth because (Your Name) was born prematurely.....

She grew up in an orphanage. A runt. The ugly duckling of the group because she was so small, so frail, so weak. No one ever adopted her. No one ever even asked about her when they came to pick a child. Which is why she ran away one night, carrying only a small backpack of survival supply and clothes. Being a five-year-old child at the time, she ran aimlessly, which is how she ended up falling down Mt. Ebbot.((Correct me on that if I spelled it wrong please))

That's where her story kicked off. Where she made friends. Where she got stronger, both mentally and physically. Where I fell in love with her.

Now, here we were, getting ready for my biggest gig yet. She was helping me set up the stage, her taking care of the decorations while I got my turntables set. I would be playing a Halloween mash party that was set up on a roof of a skyscraper in New York tomorrow night.

I felt a little small...she refused to let me do any physical work for preparing the party, stating that she would handle it. She was afraid I would strain my body, still being a little new to the whole robot host thing. Funny how she said she was afraid I would strain myself when she should be wary of that same problem. She may have trained with Undyne and Papyrus to work on her disadvantages caused by her prematurity, but she was still small. Still thin. Still mine to protect...

She was too reckless. Too carefree. Even in the Underground, she was a risk-taker. She was going to get herself hurt.

I just want her to quit worrying about me....and worry more about herself...