Napstabot x Reader((Song fic)): Just Let Me Try (Part Three)

((Reader-Chan is main verses
Napsta is chorus starting with "But I'll be your shield, I can be your lion"

Credit for the video belongs to NateWantsToBattle *u*
Go check out his channel on YouTube if you'd like. I really like his stuff.

Yes, this is a Steven Universe fansong. I'm sorry if you don't like SU, but please be kind to the people who DO enjoy it. This is supposed to be a fun and happy place where everyone is friends, okay? 😃 ))

Napstabot's P.O.V.

"I'll be back later!!!" The door of the apartment accompanies her statement, and just like that she's gone. Like all the other times she's said that and left. No explanation, no clue as to where she keeps taking off to. I'm beginning to fear the worst...

She's been running off somewhere for a good month now, saying she'll return later when she leaves around nine in the morning and doesn't get back until nightfall. I've noticed she also has a dufflebag packed and next to her bedroom door all the time now, too, and whenever she leaves, she takes it with her. I don't know for sure what's in it, but it sounds pretty heavy...

It was starting to eat away at my nerves. After what happened at the Halloween party, she's been acting different. I saw what that guy was about to do...I didn't tell her because I knew she would worry, but nonetheless, I could assume a few things. I may not have the heart of a lion, but I'm not a moron either.

While she was gone, I occupied myself with chores and errands and gigs, hoping to keep the worst of the thoughts out of my head. What if she's found someone new? What if she gets hurt? Is she doing something stupid? Who is she with? Where does she keep going?

Shaking my head, I began to clean my turntables and refresh the paint design on them as I made a pretty dumb decision....

I was gonna answer my own questions... by tailing her.

*Le suspenseful time skip*

Reader-Chan's P.O.V.

It was early on a Tuesday morning. The sun had only been up for a few hours when I had finished getting ready. I had on my drawstring cargos that I could tie up when I got there, along with my (Select Color) combat boots laced up effectively for a whole lot of running and jumping. My black tank top was tucked into my trousers, covered up by my (Favorite Color) jacket that also covered up the sports wrap I had wrapped on my hands up to my elbows. My hair was tied up too, completing everything that I would need once I grabbed my dufflebag and a water.

I looked myself over in the bathroom mirror once more, making sure everything was set. Right when I was about to leave, I realized I was forgetting something. Swiftly, I slapped a rectangular bandage on my left cheek where I had a pretty nasty cut from last time.

I peeked out to see where Napsta was before I walked out entirely, snatching up my bag and bolting towards the kitchen to grab a bottled water before shouting my usual "Be back later!" and making my way out the door. Today was a big day....

*Another lazy time skip*

"Undyne! Undyne, I'm here! Let's get to it!" I announced as I reached my old friend and coach's house. A lot of people didn't believe that we got along, what with our major differences, but Undyne and Papyrus were like a brother and sister to me. They helped me a great deal in the Underground, training me up and teaching me how to survive. They were the closest thing to family I've ever had. Everyone in the Underground was my family.

My fist met the door roughly, my jacket disregarded and my training outfit ready to be put to use. I was confused as to why Undyne wasn't answering the door. She was usually waiting on me whenever I got he- - WHAT THE SHIT?!?