Chapter 6: She Keeps Me Warm

"Bye Camz. I love you."

Lauren pecked her girlfriend's lips before seeing her disappear through the elevator. Camila gave her a wave and blew a kiss. Lauren checked her phone, plopping down on the couch. In about three minutes, Zayn should be here.

With nothing left to do, she tried to think of something to add to their unfinished song. She kept on thinking. Phrases would pop up here and there but she didn't feel..attached to them. Aren't you supposed to feel attached to the song you're writing.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. She made her way over to the door and opened it just to be greeted by her partner. She made enough space for Zayn to pass through. "Hey, come in."

Zayn timidly looked around. He took in how clean the living room and dining area was. His gaze landed on the kitchen isle where he saw a random banana peel hanging off the edge. Lauren followed his gaze and saw the mess. She laughed remembering how her girlfriend hurried her ass because she won't wake up. She almost choked on her banana.

"You know.. Camila and her bananas," Lauren said as she lead Zayn to the study upstairs where she already had a pen and paper ready. Zayn made his way over a shelf, eyeing every book carefully.

"Nice books you have here." Zayn pulled out a copy of 'The Fault In Our Stars'. He opens it to a bookmarked page. There were obvious tear stains on the page. He chuckled, imagining either Lauren or Camila reading this book and crying somewhere near the end where the pages are now stained. Lauren noticed it and laughed as well.

"Camila read that book. She cried straight for like ten minutes." She smiles, recollecting the day where Camila was reading the book. Her head on Lauren's lap while the girl was listening to the 1975. You wouldn't believe how confused she was when she saw Camila cry, hysterically. Then she started asking her if she had cancer or some sort of sickness. After catching up to the girl, she sought her distress as cute. She just let Camila babble on and on and she just watches her in awe, of how a single story really touched her. Her mind trains back to their story.

"We should get started." Zayn's voice brought her out of her thoughts. They continued to trade ideas and potential lyrics for the song. They don't even have a title yet, sheesh. This endless cycle continued for another hour, which made Lauren's head hurt. She absentmindedly reached up to her temple and massaged it to try and ease the pain. Zayn noticed this and sets down his sheet of paper, sighing.

"We have made no progress, at all." he surrendered and slouched on the chair. Lauren sighed and sets down her paper. She ran a frustrated hand through her hair. "I honestly thought it was gonna be easy."

They remained quiet. Lauren and Zayn were both thinking. Where did they go wrong? Was there something missing? Maybe a lack of inspiration or something?

Zayn stood up abruptly and took all of their progress. He looked over the words written on it, Lauren watching him carefully. He crumpled it and threw it to a nearby bin.

"We should start again." he sighed. "That was already a flop." Lauren couldn't even deny that. It really was a flop. Zayn sat back on the chair, his shoulders propped up on his lap, his hands clutched together, his head set on thinking mode. He started to think of ways how actual artists might write their songs. And that all starts with inspiration.

"Who or what inspires you?" Zayn blurted out of the blue. Lauren was looking at him curiously, but her mind finally caught up. She began to think of multiple people she draws inspiration from. She began to think of multiple things she draws inspiration from. She thought of Michelle Obama, Khaleesi, Malala. She then thought of mango, banana, pizza, bows. Camz.