Chapter 20: Fresh-y Goof-y

"Camila please!"

Lauren's pleading voice echoed in her mind. Her eyes shifting between the door and the girl. Her heart wanted to stay, but her mind wanted to let go. It was a serious inner struggle.

"Mila.. It's gonna be fine. Lauren will come to her senses, I mean it's Lauren." Dinah tried to make light of the situation. Camila was still pouring her tears out on Dinah's shirt. Her new shirt, that is.

"Come on Mila. Just give her some space, yeah?" Dinah said reassuringly. "That's what she probably needs the most right now. Some time to clear her head out alone. We all know Lauren. We all know how she doesn't just give up, and we all know that she needs time. And all you can do right now is give her that. You can also have some time to yourself, to reflect. When you're apart doesn't mean that you aren't together."

"Now lighten up and stop slacking!" She said with a hyped up voice. She heard Camila sniffle, then giggle. Dinah felt herself smile.

"Now you better stop crying or I'll let you buy me another shirt!" Dinah playfully threatened, which made Camila laugh. The smaller girl looked up and playfully punched the larger girl, which made her feign hurt.

"Oww." She whined. "Good thing you aren't in good shape right now or I would've punched you already."

"You love me.." Camila teased. Dinah rolled her eyes and sighed. "Just today." She said. Camila smiled and tackled her friend into a hug. The Polynesian girl wrapped her arms around the girl.

"I love you Chancho. No homo." She quickly added, to which Camila giggled. She pulled from the hug and looked at her friend.

"Thanks Dmac. Thank you for being here when I just barged in and interrupted your date without notice. Thank you for listening to my ugly ass sobbing. Thank you for wiping my nose when it dripped—"

"Okay I don't need anymore details. You're welcome." Dinah quickly interrupted the smaller girl. She has seen and done it. No need to remind it to her again.

Camila broke out into a grin and hugged the girl. "I'm kidding Dinah. I really am thankful to have a friend like you. You are the most kind, caring, loving,—"

Dinah wrapped her arms around the girl and squished her into a tight hug. "Shut it Chanch. I already know the drill." She rubbed the girl's back and patted.

"I won't thank you anymore then." Camila teased. Dinah feigned hurt and put her hand over her chest. Camila giggled and hugged the girl sincerely.

"But really.. Thank you." she said as sincerely as she could. Dinah gave her a smile.

"No problem Chanch. Any time."

"Now.. get your ass up and we'll go get some food!" She helped Camila up from the couch.

Just as Dinah left the room, Camila heard her phone ring from the coffee table. It was a certain ringtone she reserved for only one person. She immediately knew who it was.

She hesitated for a bit. Maybe Lauren wanted to make amends and correct her wrongs or make her feel bad. She doubts Lauren wants to do that to her because the girl has always been loving. But she immediately remembered what Dinah told her. 

Just give her some space.

That's what she probably needs the most right now.

She took a deep breath and pressed the red end call button. She sighed and put her phone on airplane mode. If she's gonna spend the day refreshing herself from Lauren, then she's gonna have to do it without feeling even the tiniest of her presence.