Chapter 18: Comeback

"So.. How'd it go?"

Camila just came from the living room where she just told her parents what happened months ago. She came in with a small smile grazing her lips.

"It turned out better than expected." She confessed. Her parents actually didn't throw profanities at her or just go plain silent on her. She cried the entire time she told the story, her parents listening intently to her every word. After her story, Ale and Sinu immediately engulfed their daughter in a much needed hug. They reassured her that it's over and that they don't hate her in any way possible. Camila felt so grateful for her parents that it made her more emotional. She cried her eyes out as her parents comforted her, much to Camila's need.

Her parents wanted to put Austin in jail again, but a thought crossed Camila's mind.

Austin said that his life went downhill when he got arrested and that was the driving force of it all. Although she hates the guy for everything he did, they couldn't just keep sending him to jail. It'll just drive him more to crazy land. At that time, she felt no anger whatsoever for the guy. Instead, she felt.. Pity, in a sense.

"I'm gonna make sure that man stays in jail." Ale said as he rubbed Camila's back. She shook her head, wiping her tears off.

"No." She weakly said.

"Mija.." Sinu started to reason out, but Camila was quick to intervene.

"No. If we'll send him to jail again, he'll just go crazy. His life went to shit when he got behind bars and it drove him mad." She said. "Let's just let him have his freedom. I don't wanna give him another reason to assault me."

"But mija," Alejandro started. "We'll make sure he won't get out by any means. I don't want that.. that psycho out there to-"

"Dad, please just trust me on this. I've seen how broken he was. I think it's best to let it go. Trust me on this.."

Ale and Sinu looked at each other warily. For a few seconds, they silently communicated until Sinu sighed and nodded her head. He took that as a sign and they looked at their daughter again.

"Okay, we trust you. As long as you'll be more careful, you and Lauren. I don't want anything to happen to you.." Both Sinu and Ale engulfed their daughter in a hug. Ale placed a kiss on her temple and rubbed her back.

"We love you mija. So much." Sinu said as tears flowed down her cheeks. Camila gave her parents a thankful smile before saying the three words that's been on the tip of her tongue since she confronted them.

"I love you." She said with full sincerity. She has never been more thankful of her parents. Sorrowful tears were now replaced with happy ones. Everyone cried tears of joy. Little did they know, Lauren caught a glimpse of their loving interaction. It warmed the green eyed girl's heart. A proud smile graced her lips as she continued to make her way to the kitchen.

"I shouldn't have doubted you." She admitted. Lauren smiled before placing a quick peck on her lips.

"That's okay. I get that a lot.." She joked, which urged the younger girl to slap her on the arm.

"Why do you keep doing that?!" She asked as she tended to her recently slapped arm. Camila shrugged and wrapped her arms loosely around her neck.

"Just because I find your reaction cute." She said as she scrunched up her nose. Lauren playfully rolled her eyes as she thought of a smooth comeback.

"But you're cuter." She said. That actually sounded better in her head. Camila giggled and pecked her on the lips.

"That wasn't you're smoothest comeback, but I'll take it." Camila said. Lauren scoffed and rolled her eyes. She placed her hands on Camila's waist.