Chapter 11: Making A New Impression

"Camz, you done yet babe?"

Lauren was sat on the couch, scrolling through tumblr. It's a new week and they were feeling fresh. Camila has talked to Lauren about going back to school, feeling that she's ready to go back. Lauren was anxious at first because they won't be by each other's side every day. They have different schedules. They've openly talked about it and somehow Camila already made a plan, she was ready, she said. Lauren could see Camila's determination in coming back to school. For the past few days, their friends who were in the same class as Camila we're bringing them notes and assignments from class. They couldn't thank their friends enough. She was pensive at first but then she realized that she couldn't keep Camila under wraps forever. The girl deserves her freedom and that's what she's giving her.

Frantic footsteps came rushing down the stairs. Camila was wearing a loose gray hoody with black skinny jeans and Nike shoes. Lately, Camila has been wearing more conservative clothes. She grabbed her bag and her phone from the table. Lauren looked up and smiled when she saw how excited Camila was. The girl grabbed her bag and tucked her phone in her pocket.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~

"Stick by the guys, okay?"

Liam, Niall, Camila, and Lauren were all huddled in a small circle. The guys and Camila had the same classes together that day. Lauren was about to leave when she decided to remind the girl over and over to be in sight with the boys.

"I know, Lo. You can go now or you'll be late. Bye love you so much, take care of yourself too." Camila engulfed Lauren in a hug, the older girl holding on tightly, not wanting to let go. Camila felt like she was constricted from breathing. She playfully pried Lauren off.

"Lo.. Can't.. Breathe.." Lauren reluctantly let's go and gave an adorable pout, which made the guys smile in amusement. "I'm really gonna miss you though."

Camila broke out into a smile and kissed the pout off Lauren's face, which was then replaced by a smile. "Much better."

"We're gonna protect her Lauren don't worry." Liam said with a small smile. Niall was flexing his arms while saying "yeah what he said." Which made everyone laugh.

"Bye babe. I love you." Lauren leaned in and pecked Camila on the lips. "I love you too, now skedaddle or you'll be late." Camila playfully shooed her away with a smile on her face. Lauren slowly walked away, shaking her head at her girlfriend's utter cuteness.

She walked into class where everyone was minding their own business. Lauren scanned the room, the teacher isn't there, to her relief, but there was someone waving there hands for her. She looked over and saw Brad. Once the boy caught her attention, he motioned for the open seat beside him. Lauren thought over and and said to herself, why not?

"Good morning." he greeted cheekily. "Morning." Lauren said back and sat on the chair beside him. Brad fumbled with his pen and twisted it around his hands as if he was joining like a 'pen-olympics' or something. It looked cool though.

"How's Camila doing? She holding up fine?" Brad asked with genuine concern. Ever since he helped them, he felt guiltier every time he thought back on how he treated them. They were really nice girls. His reason of mistreating them was unacceptable, and now he knows better. The concern he had after the incident grew. And his terror grew more when he saw the look on Camila's face when they saved her. It terrified him to the bone. He has never seen someone look so traumatized, lost, and scared. In all honesty, it traumatized him too. By seeing the incident in person and not on some news report, it was all the more real because he saw it with his own eyes, right in front of him. It shed light on him, however.