Chapter 7: Bodyguard

Camila and Lauren were walking towards their class. Students casually saying and waving hi to them, and them waving back. Some of them came up to them and told them they were a cute couple. 

They were almost at their room when a curly haired guy blocked the door. "Hey Jauregui. Looking for me?" Brad crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. He eyed Lauren up and down, not paying any attention to the girl right beside her. Camila felt her blood boiling and she crossed her arms over her chest, and cleared her throat loudly. 

"Oh and who are you?" 

"I am Camila Cabello, girlfriend of the girl you unashamedly checked out a few seconds ago." she said with sarcasm. Brad eyed her up and down and chuckled. "So you're the girlfriend of this.." he looked at Lauren, "dyke. So I'm guessing you're a dyke too." he scoffed "Of course you're a dyke." 

Camila curled her fists on her sides. She doesn't really support violence but when someone talks shit about Lauren, she'll beat the hell out of them. She was about to wipe the smirk off the guy's face when she saw him being pushed back towards the door. Lauren's knuckled were white from gripping tightly on the guy's gray shirt. "Listen here Brad. If you ever talk shit about my girlfriend again, I will beat the living hell out of you. You can insult me all you want but talk to my girlfriend like that, you'll be talking to my fists. I'm warning you Brad, you don't wanna face me. Understand?"

By now there was already a crowd forming around them. Camila was desperately trying to calm Lauren down. The girl threw a strong right hook towards the guy's face, blood oozing out of his lower lip. She looked around the crowd for a familiar face when Zayn and Liam pushed themselves through. Camila looked at them, pleading to help her out. Zayn and Liam understood. They pulled a fuming Lauren off a grinning Brad. Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren to try and calm her down. Brad wiped the blood off the corner of his lower lip and chuckled. "You're hot when you're mad, you know?" Lauren felt the urge to dive in and beat Brad's pretty face but Camila's arms were providing her self-discipline. The heat radiating off Camila's body helped her calm down, knowing that she's right there beside her. She took her gaze off Brad and directed them towards Camila. The girl was looking at her with pleading eyes. She saw her mouth "Please don't.." she felt her strong front collapse and she wrapped the girl into a much needed hug.

The crowd was pushing Brad out of the circle. Student were shouting boos at him, some telling him to piss off. Zayn and Liam grabbed him by the arms and took him far away from the couple. The crowd soon dissipated, telling both Lauren and Camila to ignore the guy. Zayn and Liam came back jogging and joined the couple. Camila looked up from Lauren's shoulders, tears streaming down her eyes. Lauren felt her heart ache at the sight of a crying Camila. She reached up to wipe the tears off her cheeks when Camila noticed the bleeding knuckles she had. Another round of tears came rushing out of her eyes. Lauren shushed her and kept whispering to her 'its alright' while simultaneously wiping her tear-stained cheeks. Zayn and Liam led them towards their dorm. They gave the girls water and told them they should just skip their first class. Zayn and Liam were running errands for a professor when they saw a commotion in the hallway.

"You guys okay?" Liam asked, sitting on an office chair. Zayn was standing, an angry expression on his face, arms crossed across his chest. His expression looked conflicted, like he was so deep in thought. "We're fine." Lauren answered for the both of them. Camila was hanging on to her like she was about to disappear any moment. She shifted her gaze to Zayn who's brows were furrowed together, deep in thought. She saw his fists clench on his sides. 

"Zayn.." 

Lauren's raspy voice brought him out of his thoughts. "Don't.." she looked at him pleadingly. He lets out a long sigh. "Thank you for saving us. I would've beaten the shit out of that guy if you didn't stop me." Lauren gave Liam and Zayn and appreciative smile.