Chapter 21: On The Edge

"What did I do?"

"I'm so stupid."

Lauren said these things to herself while pacing around the room for about an hour now. She has yet to go out of the house, rest, or even sit down.

"How did I manage to lose the love of my life?" she asked herself. "How did I manage to ruin what was perfect?"

"I'm so stupid!" Lauren pounded her fist on the wall, a jolt of electricity surged through her arm. She tightened her jaw and took in the pain.

"No you're not." she heard a voice say. She turned her head and saw Ally standing there looking at her in pity.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, wiping her face free from tear streaks. Ally shook her head and made her way over to the girl.

"Loosen up, will ya? You're too tense." the short girl playfully said. She carefully took Lauren's right hand and examined it.

"You're bleeding." she said. Lauren rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"No shit sherlock." she growled. Ally squinted her eyes at her before returning her gaze back on the bleeding hand. Lauren cursed herself for not controlling her anger, although she doesn't know where this anger is coming from. Yes, she was broken, distressed, and sad when she saw Camila leave the flat. But where did this sudden anger come from?

Is it because her fist hurts?

Or is it because she's mad about the whole situation?

She was brought out of her thoughts when she felt a stinging pain on her right hand. She winced and instinctively pulled her hand away, but Ally held on to it tightly.

Ally poured another round of alcohol, which caused another stinging sensation. She glared at the smaller girl but her gaze wasn't met. The short girl took some supplies from a small box and wrapped something around her hand. Lauren couldn't see though because Ally is blocking it. After a few seconds, Ally loosened her grip on the arm.

"There. It won't get infected anymore." she said as she wiped her hands against each other.

"Thanks Ally." Lauren said. The room was filled with silence, Lauren avoiding eye contact while Ally was patiently waiting for her.

Silence continued on for a few minutes. Lauren's head filling with voices telling her she's stupid, mindless, idiotic, and problematic. Her heart raced as the voices grew louder and more aggressive. She began to hyperventilate, her hand reaching out to her chest and grasping it. Ally instructed Lauren to breath and calm down, the older girl trying her best to stay calm and collective.

"I have an idea." Ally said right after Lauren seemed to calm down. She tugged on the green eyed girl's hand gently, encouraging her to stand up.

"Come on!" Ally said with a light tone. Lauren grimaced as she saw the short girl's aura light up a part of the darkness around her. This made her think. Maybe she really needs to lighten up, but her dark part is conquering the rest of her body and mind.

"I don't want to." She said flatly. Ally's wide smile didn't falter as she kept on playfully poking her on the sides, triggering her tickle spots.

"Allyson. Stop." Lauren tried to say sternly but failed when Ally applied pressure on a certain area.

"Ally!" Lauren screamed out, shocked by what the shorter girl just did. Ally laughed as she continuously apologized.

"OH MY GLOB! IM SO SO SORRY!" Ally raised her hands as she and Lauren continued to laugh out loud. Their laughter eventually died down.