Chapter 5: Being Called Names Hurt

"I have something interesting for you today."

Mr. Philips, Lauren's Arts teacher, stood in front of everyone hands clasped together. He had a grin on his face. He has always been a very cheerful teacher but he was extremely cheery today. Everyone looked at him with questioning stares. He chuckled noticing their stares. "Don't worry. I'm sure it would be easy for everyone."

"Arts isn't only in the form of painting or drawing. There are different forms of art. What I want you to do is step out of your comfort zone. Everyone here is fond of painting or drawing right?" everyone nodded. "I want you guys to pair up. Each pair needs to make an original composition. It can be any music genre. There's no theme. It's all on you. But I want it to be made by you. I want you to be comfortable to the other forms of art, starting with music." he gave everyone a reassuring smile. "You may now choose a partner."

Everyone was frantically looking around. Most of the students were out of their chairs and pacing around the room looking for a partner. He saw Zayn approaching her but her view of her friend was blocked by a guy with curly brown hair. He had a smirk on his face. He leaned against her chair cockily.

"Hey hot stuff. Wanna be my partner?" the guy said with a deep British accent. What is it with good looking British guys here? She noticed the guy's eyes trailing down her body. She was wearing a crop top and black ripped jeans and her leather jacket. She glared at him with disgust. "Fuck no." She spat with so much venom. "Oh come on. We can figure something out. A hot girl like you and a good looking guy like me? We're perfect babe."

Did he just call me babe? Eww fuck no. This guy ain't playing his game right, and he's obviously failing but this asshat won't lay off.

"Hey Lauren, wanna be partners?" Zayn asked, shifting his eyes between the guy and her. Lauren met his eyes and he obviously knew she was in trouble. Before she could utter a response, the curly haired guy stood straight and crossed his arms.

"Hey buddy, she's already got me." the cocky guy from earlier spoke out harshly at Zayn. Zayn, however didn't flinch or feel threatened. "Go away, Brad. She ain't interested in your shit." he defended Lauren. The girl gave him a thankful smile. 

"And what? You suppose she's gonna pair with a weirdo like you? Piss off." Brad jabbed a finger on Zayn's chest. Zayn looked at the finger then to the guy who own it, boredom on his features. She removed the infiltrating finger nonchalantly, earning a glare from the guy. "You didn't just fucking do that.." Brad spits out. Zayn looked over at Lauren's direction, asking for permission. Lauren mouthed him to just tell him. Zayn nodded and looked at Brad sternly.

"Brad, I'm only saying this once. Lay the fuck off her. She has a girlfriend." Zayn pushed Brad making the guy stumble backwards. Brad looked at Lauren in disgust and scoffed, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Of fucking course. I should've known you're a fucking dyke." He spat out. "Cunt.." he whispered but it didn't go unnoticed by the two. Lauren's expression hardened. But soon enough the guy went stumbling down with Zayn on top, beating the shit out of him. Gasps could be heard around the room and the teacher's voice boomed through the noise.

"Zayn stop that!" Mr. Philips made a move and pulled Zayn off Brad. Lauren immediately went to his side and held him back. Mr. Philips helped Brad, who had a nasty bruise on his cheek, up. Lauren looked at Zayn who's eyes told rage. "What are you doing?!" she asked in disbelief. He whipped his head over to Lauren. "He just fucking called you a cunt and you expect me not to do anything?!" Lauren's face grimaced at the mention of the word. Zayn's expression softened and he apologized. "I'm sorry. I'm just really protective of my friends." he said. "It won't happen again, no." Zayn said under his breath, Lauren didn't notice though.