The Beastly Brother

Edited

Olivia's POV

We walked towards the back if the building, our hands never parting. This is basically our last resort, we had less than a month left before the last moon rises and the pressure was on.

Travis lead us to a large steel door, there were locks going up and down the sides of it. Subtle.

He placed his palm on the monitor next to the door of damnation. The booming and ticking sounds echoed through the large room, as the bolts unlocked and the gears along the surface around to life.

Suddenly the door freaked open, cliché smoke seeped out from below it and creeped towards us. As the door inched open, the silhouette of a man was apparent in the doorway.

As the fog cleared, I could see his features a bit clearer. He was tall, hair darker than pitch and had the most icy blue eyes. His eyes narrowed as his cold gaze landed onto me.

"So, I see my brother has found you at last", he said in a deep brooding voice. It sent a chill up my spine. Travis seemed to notice me tense, and he placed a hand on my back for reassurance.

"Knock off the dramatics Holt, you're scaring my girl," he said in a bored tone, throwing daggers with his eyes at the burly man infront of us.

"You have a brother?" I half whispered to Travis. The man infront of me chuckled deeply, before taking two large steps towards me. Instinctively I moved back slightly, inching away from him.

"The name's Holton, Travis' better looking older brother," he held his large palm out to me, his eyes ushering me to take it. I hesitantly placed my hand in his, and he gently kissed my knuckles. My cheeks flushed and I pulled back my hand to my side.

Travis was clenching his jaw beside me when I glanced at him sideways. I connected out hands again to try and calm him down. My attention was turned back to Holton when he started to talk again, moving back into the doorway.

"The reason you're here I presume, is because of the prophecy," We nodded, "I can and cannot help you with that. I can show you the records and guide you but I cannot interfere. What is to happen must happen. It is no mere coincidence what has happened here."

"So then why? What was the point of all of this?" I asked, "Why bring five vampires, a werewolf and a not so mortal girl together?"

"You need to see the bigger picture little Olivia. It's not about bringing you all together, it's about taking you all apart." A silence fell amongst the room and we all just looked at eachother, with a worried expression etched onto our faces.

"Take us apart h-how?" I stepped up. I was trying my best to sound confident but my voice was betraying me big time.

"By the mate bond of course. But I've already spoken too much about that. Now come, I'll show you where the books and records are."

With that he turned back into the room and vanished. I looked at Travis expectantly and he just shook his head. Cautiously we stepped into the room and the door slammed behind us.

Short update guys, I've decided that I will be making two more chapters of this book before........

A SEQUEL

You all asked for there to be a sequel so there will be one. Hope you all keep reading and enjoy. Love you all~~~Sky