Chapter 16: Leave the Past In the Past

Ok guys so here's a new chapter. Enjoy :)

<~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Walking towards Julian it felt like a million years before I made it over there to him but when I did I felt speechless and more drunk then I did before. He stared at me with so much amusement I was confused. Why was he looking at me like that? Did I have something on my face?

I was eventually dragged out of my thoughts when he spoke,

"Yes Licity? What do you need my love?" He said, with clear amusement in his voice. For some reason his tone made me extremely nervous.

"I am not your love and I do not need anything." I said, slurring my words a little and staggering a bit. I must've looked down right pitiful because the next thing Julian said was surprising.

"Do you need some air?" He said. But then he added something else making me change my mind about him caring about me. I thought he did but he didn't.

"You must be hot and bothered cause your standing next to me and if you didn't need anything then why did you come over here? Was it just to enjoy the view from up close." He said, sounding like the ass he is. Why was he even being an ass? When he came to my house earlier he seemed nice. He must be trying to act all big and bad in front of his friends. Well two can play at that game.

"I came over here to be an ass. Hmm kind of like you. No actually exactly like you." I said, with clear annoyance in my voice.

"Well played." He said

"Well I mean you got to beat the player at their own game don't you." I said, clearly not making any since by now.

"Okay Felicity. Now for real why did you come over here?" He said, looking a bit fed up.

"Oh yeah, can we go somewhere to talk?" I said, finally remembering why I came over here.

"Sure why not. Let's go." He said, grabbing my hand in the process.

He must've thought I meant make out or something because he took me upstairs to Sophia's guest bedroom.

"Why did you bring me up here?" I asked.

"You said you wanted to talk so let's talk. I'm not gonna go outside to talk because it's freezing." He said, while sitting on the bed waiting for me to do the same.

I was sort of hesitant but then I gave in and sat down next to him before I spoke once again,

"Oh ok, well actually I didn't come to talk to you I came to you so you could talk to me. I told you we would talk later and it's later so let's talk. Okay?" I said, looking up at him with a little bit of worry on my face because of the look on his. He looked like he wanted to burst out crying right here in front of me but I think he had more pride then that because he cleared his throat and looked me in the eyes.

"It was nothing Lic I'm fine you don't need to worry." He said, while getting up and heading towards the bedroom door pulling me with him.

I definitely recommend listening to the song while reading this next part.

Once we got down the stairs one of my favorite songs was on which was Oblivion by Bastille. I immediately asked Julian if he wanted to dance. He said yes. So here we are slow dancing. It feels weird but it feels right at the same time. If that makes any sense.