Housemate!Levi x Housemate!Reader ~ AU ~ Dark Skies

Oi, (Y/n), come back here," Levi yelled from across the villa. It's been about six months now since you came to their villa. It was Mikasa's idea after all, a house with an even amount of gender. Whenever Eren and Levi go out to drink and have fun in the city, or just plainly play video games, Mikasa complains and 'feels left out,' when really, she just wants a partner to annoy the two.

"Why not just leave (Y/n) alone, Ravioli," Eren, Mikasa along side him, walks in from the backdoor, backpack in his hands. Mikasa quickly left Eren's side and walked over to you, who was sitting by the pool, your legs hanging in the water.

"Tch, leave her alone? Look at this shit stain!" He exclaimed, pointing at a tiny clump of dust on the glass table. "This girl can't clean, why did we take her in?"

"Because she's better than your dumbass," Mikasa snarled, an arm over my shoulder. You can't help but giggle a bit at her sassy respond.

"Cut it out, Mikasa, Armin is probably waiting for us at the gate," Eren hurriedly scurried over to the door that led to the front of the villa. "We should go."

You whip your head as quick as light, "Wait, you guys are going somewhere?"

"Yep,"

"Where? I want to go to!" You protest to Mikasa.

"Oi! You stay here, brat. Clean this mess, then your room." Levi said. You pout at him, stubbornness taking over you. You look up to the sky which is now getting darker and darker, the greyness mixed with a bit of indigo, and it almost looks intimidating to you. You were staring at it so intently that everything around you started to 'disappear' and all you were looking at is the gloomy skies.

"(Y/n)," Levi placed an arm on your shoulder and it made you flinch. You quickly turn around and pull your legs out the water. "Are you okay?" His voice slightly more gently. You nod, looking down.

Ever since you were young, you can't help but hide in your closet whenever a storm is about to come. You're afraid of it, you've always been up to now. Your dad seldom comes home, your mom is too busy crying over something you never understood. Something about 'infidelity,' and it bothered you that you don't know. So everything you were alone in your room, whenever you hear the first thunder, you start to run to where you can hide. As you grew older, you start to realize that thunder can't 'eat' you, but you were still scared because every time a storm is bound to happen, your mind triggers the memories and you knew you couldn't help yourself.

"Hey Levi," you said, your voice clear but small and shaky, "do you think a storm is bound to happen?"
Levi looked at you with an irritated look. "Tch, don't you check the weather? Of course it will." He walks over to the glass table and pick up his glass cleaner and cloth. "Now get inside before it rains."

"Right."

_______

It was before you were about to press the on button on the remote control when you smell the dew roams the living room through open windows. Your heart started to beat faster, pounding to get out of you chest. The back of your neck starts to feel unusual, and you knew just scratching it won't get rid of that feeling. Your breathing became ragged, almost like a dog in hot temperature. It became hard for you to breath, your throat tightens.

Then it happened; the first thunder. You quickly stood from the floor, quickly alerting Levi. "(Y/n)?" You didn't mind him. Your eyes were alert, like you haven't slept for a full week. You ran out the living room and up the stairs, missing a few steps. "(Y/n)!" Levi shouted at you, but you continued to run to your room's closet. You tried to shut the door but your hands were too shaky and you knew the second thunder is about to come.

You repeated the same words in your mind; help me, help me, help me, and you were in the verge of crying. Your hands unconsiously crept up to your ears and you cupped them. Something warm trickles down your cheeks. Tears.

"(Y/n)!" Levi's voice grew closer and closer through the open door. It doesn't appear to be much of a big deal if Levi finds you; he'd probably just look at you like you already aren't small. "(Y/n) are you here?" Levi shouted, almost-violently throwing doors open.

Finally, he came to a room so familiar and yet emitting such a lonely aura. It made him feel like shit that he didn't search for your room first. He slowly opened your room, (f/c) sheets greeted him, loose, dirty socks on the floor.

You were too busy covering your ears and counting the time interval for each thunder that you didn't even realize that Levi's already entered your room.

The second thunder striked, and just as it did, a silhoutte of towered over your shivering body. Levi's eyes widen at how small and defenceless you've become right now. He bent down and look you in the eye, but your were staring at your feet. "(Y/n)," Levi placed a hand on your cheek and swiped a tear away. "(Y/n)," his voice was more serious this time, an attempt to wake you from the flood of memories.

It took you by surprise, but Levi had to do it. With the hand he had on your cheek, he moved it gently to your chin and lifted your face so you were looking at his steel eyes. Your faces started to inch closer, his breath drawing closer to you and you can almost feel it. Finally, Levi locks his lips on your's. You eyes widen and the hands that were cupping your ears loosened. You closed your eyes and gave into the kiss.

The kiss felt like years to you, but it was only a couple of moments and the two of you only pull away when you needed air. You look at each other with such love in your eyes and you've totally forgotten about the storm going on.

"I love you, (Y/n)," Levi said, keeping his forehead touching yours, his hand on your cheek. "But I guess you already know that," he smiled; a genuine smile.

"It doesn't matter. I love you too, Levi."

"I'll never leave your side, (Y/n)." He whisper in your ear.

A.N
Holy crap that was short- as short as Levi. ANYWAYS, the busy week has gone by and we only get 4 days of classes this week so hopefully more chances for writing!

Up next:
Kidnapper!Levi x Rich!Target!Reader