Rescuer!Levi x Reader ~ AU ~ Worried Questions

Okay, I know, I know. I said Spy!Levi x Reader, but I can't come up with any ideas for that one so instead I'm using this idea. I hope you guys can understand!

It was a day when the heat was intolerable. At least to him. Many families book dozens of camping sites and do all that vacation business, which also means that losing their kids and elderly members would also double in quantity.

He can never forget that day; that Levi.

Years ago when Levi was only starting to get discovered as a prodigy, his squad was called to search for a kid who got separated from her sobbing parents.

Him and his squad got to the scene at a fast rate and when they interviewed the couple, they explained that they were just blowing up the tent and adjusting it's structures for an approximate five minutes and they left their child sitting on the portable chairs with some snacks. It took them a moment to continue, but their surely did. At first they heard footsteps and the sound of fallen branches behind their tent cracking. They suspected that it must've been a personnel who were checking on the campers, so they paid no mind.

Once they've got the airbed blown up, the mother walked out of the tent only to find an empty chair which had a few bread crumbs on the seat. The snacks they gave were gone now with their daughter.

Levi wasn't devastated, but he certainly felt sorry for the couple. At that point, he worked his ass trying to find their daughter in the wilderness. Despite the ideas of their little girl eaten to death or dying due to exposure, he still kept himself going. He doesn't know what drives him to work for this couple.

It had been almost a year since that day when they were called. Levi had found other victims and lost children, but the young girl was never found. At last, the search was called off and the couple were left broken. Since that day, Levi swore to the couple that he'd answers to every call he gets and search for every lost victim.

Which brings him to another summer season. Many people have booked their camping site and are ready to start their get aways. It's been nine years since the (L/N)'s call, and Levi is still haunted by the failure of losing their daughter.

"Heichou," a knock sounded through Levi's office and he quickly stood up, straightening his back.

"It's open," he replied almost immediately.

The door swung open and a boy with caribbean eyes walked in, his chest out and his shoulders back. With a loud, yet trembling voice, he slammed his closed fist to his chest, "heichou!"

"What is it, Jäger?" Levi asked, his brows almost meeting with his frown.

"Would you like to join us this time? We're going trekking this long weekend just by Mount Maria. We'd be really glad if you can come, Heichou," Eren smiled, but very hesitant.

Levi sat back on his office chair before dismissing the young officer. It's been a while since he's gone up any mountain so he might not be as good as the new officers. He might have to catch up. He thought, too, that this might be a good distraction from his non-ending guilt from the (L/N)'s lost, and probably deceased daughter.

~

"Oh! Heichou came!" Eren's voice boomed from the group as Levi approached them.

He clicked his tongue, seeing that kid's grinning face, "shut it. Are you a megaphone? Loud-assed kid."

Mikasa crossed her arms beside Eren who just sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck.

Jean, Connie and Sasha had already began their adventure, along with Armin. So the three other zipped, and braced themselves for possible scraped knees, and a few hungry comrades.