Chapter 14 - Mutual Love

Hey guys, so this chapter may be a little bit shorter because I've been really busy with studying and my jobs, so I'm really sorry. Enjoy!

Jellal's POV

Erza didn't leave my side throughout any of the time that I was unhappy. How could I be happy? My mom is gone.

Tomorrow is the funeral. I don't know if I'm ready to accept her death. I know that's kind of selfish to say but, I depended on her so much and it's going to be really hard to accept that she's gone and I can't do anything to bring her back.

"Jellal, how are you holding up?" Erza asked, walking into my room with some lunch. Erza and I stayed home from school the day after I found out about my mom. The Headmaster was gracious enough to let me stay home and I also moved back in with Erza.

"I'm a lot better now that you're here. Thank you for being here, Erza." I weakly smiled at her. She smiled back.

"I'll do everything I can to make you happy again. Because you make me happy, so it's time for me to return the favour." Erza explained, setting down my lunch on the table next to my bed. I hadn't left my room since I had gotten home yesterday.

"Erza, you know you make me happy anyways...just knowing I have someone who cares means so much to me." I smiled at her as big as I could manage without crying. She knew I was pushing myself really hard so that I wouldn't show weakness in front of her.

"Jellal. We're like a family. We grow together, smile together, laugh together, and even sometimes cry together. We're suppose to show weakness in front of each other. It's something called mutual respect and trust for each other. No matter what weakness you show, I'll love everything about you until the end of time." Erza smiled. I knew I didn't have to hold back, so I didn't anymore. I let it all out, and cried my eyes out. Erza sat on the bed and hugged me as I continued to cry.

Erza's POV

Jellal finally realized he doesn't need to hold back anymore. We can show weakness in front of each other because we have a mutual feeling of love for one another. Weakness won't change anything about how we feel about each other.

The next day, Jellal got out of bed. I helped him get ready for the funeral. I wore a black long dress with my hair up in a bun and Jellal wore a black tuxedo with a red tie.

The funeral was hard for Jellal. I could tell it took everything he had not to cry in front of all of these people when he went up to speak about his mother. He spoke really highly of her, and stuttered over his words a lot. The hand that was holding the paper that had his speech on it was shaking. He looked over at me, and I smiled and nodded, as to say, it's okay.

Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Wendy, her mother, and Romeo had come to the funeral upon the Headmaster's request, probably to say he wishes he could've come but he couldn't.

After the funeral, Jellal and I got in the car, and as soon as we did, Jellal burst out crying.