Chapter 32 ~ I wish for you

Veronica's pov

Just want to say i do not encourage drugs at all, it's just part of the story line.

BY THE WAY I UPDATED YESTERDAY BUT IT GOT PUBLISHED BEFORE THE NOTE I MADE? SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND AND HARDLY ANY PEOPLE HAVE READ IT BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THEY KNOW IT EXISTS SO IF YOU READ REGULARY THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO BACK TO 'CHAPTER 31-IT'S A LOVE/HATE THING' BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS UPDATE OKAY THANK YOU<3

-----------------------------------

Veronica's POV

Warning drug use ahead.

I looked over at Oliver who had his face in his hands, he let out a long sigh. I shook my head disapprovingly and turned around; walking to the front of the bus. A hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me back into his chest. "What?!" I hissed into his warm sleep coated body.

"Baby don't be mad at me" he pouted, I placed my hands on his chest and pushed away from him, his hands lightly rested on each shoulder. I looked into his red eyes and his pupils suddenly dialated.

"Why do you do this to me Oliver?" I whispered rubbing his face with my thumb.

"I know you're freaking out but it's nothing, everyone does drugs here and it's fine, everything's going to be fine, just, let's do it together" he says jumping up and down a huge grin spreading on his face as he drags me into the back lounge.

"Oliver i don't think it's a go-"

"Shush, just do it, it'll be like old times." He reassures "please, for me? I've got you and I won't let anything bad happen to you anymore I promise, you need to let go of the boring routine, live a little"

Maybe he's right? I haven't done anything with my life for a month, it's time to live, there's nothing holding me back anymore. "Fine" I mumble and Oliver cheers as he cuts the fine white powder with a razor blade and orders it into lines. He takes my hand and gives it a squeeze signalling that everything will be fine. 

I snort the lines up and it's over, the hit suddenly washes over me and I slowly begin to feel numb and it's great, I've missed this; not being able to feel anything.

I lay on the floor and stretched out enjoying the feeling take over my body. Hands are suddenly placed around my body and I find myself lying on the sofa in Oliver's arms. "Thank you" he mutters pressing his lips lightly on my neck and I nod not bothering to speak.

The room starts spinning and I begin to laugh and so does Oliver. "What are we?" I blurt out and the begin laughing again.

Oliver props himself up on the backs of his forearms and gazes at me "why do you feel the need to label everything?" He grins and I shrug

"I don't, I just like to know where I am with people"

"Live in the moment Veronica!" He smirks "I like you and stuff but I also like being single at the minute"

My heart drops at his words and it somehow brings me back down a little "I understand" I say trying to sound happy "So I think we should be friends with benefits" he beams like it's the best idea in the world. 

Surely that made everything harder? Screwing the one you love until they decide they don't want to play this game anymore, it's risky and I didn't want to lose him over something stupid. Oli must of noticed the look on my face or something because he tried to feel better "it's basically what we've been doing anyway, it's not that much of a big deal, we'll stop whenever you want" 

I nod agreeing to the game that would probably end up breaking me.

"Come on!" Oliver shouts while grabbing my hand and pulling me up from the sofa we were resting on.

"Where are we going?" 

"Just live in the fucking moment Veronica!" he laughs and pulls me out of the bus, we run down into different streets and across roads not even bothering to look for cars, they scream and shout profanities at us, Oliver flips them off and we carry on running until we get to a tall building with scaffolding surrounding it. If I'm honest the building looked like it was about to crash down to the ground any second but I pushed the thought away not letting it ruin my perfect night.

Oli walks over and places one hand on the metal pole, he looks back gives me a cheeky smile and starts to climb it slowly as the rusty poles shake slightly. He wobbles and I start to laugh "Think you can do any better Radford? try it or are you just a pussy?" he shouts.

I scoff and copy Oliver's movements as I dart up the scaffolding; overtaking Oliver by a few metres. "Nice view" he laughs and I look down at him and raise my eyebrows, when did staring at an old derelict building become a 'nice view'? "Aren't you like cold or something?" he continues and my eyes go wide realising that he was on about the fact I was only wearing his longish vest top that went half way down my thighs and nothing else except my converse. "Fuck" I mumble but it was obvious he heard because he through back his head and laughed loudly.

Rolling my eyes I carried on the adrenaline was rushing through me and I soon reached the top, pulling myself onto the roof I peered over the edge watching Oliver struggle with the last few poles. "Aw, is poor little Oliver Sykes stuck?" I pouted and he gave me a 'I'm-going-to-kill-you-if-you-do-not-shut-the-fuck-up' look. The poles start to shake badly as he steps onto the wrong one and he starts giggling. "Oliver stop it, you're going to fall and I didn't climb up here just to watch you fall to your death" I joked 

"Oh, nice to see you have your priorities straight" he yelled and I laughed, extending my hand.

"Nuh-uh, no way. I do not need your help" he whines and I groan in frustration

"Just take my hand" I say and he shakes his head stubbornly.

"Take it" 

"No"

"Take it"

"No"

"Take. My. Fucking. Hand" I growled and he quickly does so, I pull him up and we stand on the tall building that seems to have previously been a hotel or something. 

"Lie down" he says and motions to the spot right next to him, I do as I'm told and looked up to the dark sky that was the home to millions of tiny luminous stars. It's truly breath taking.

Oliver reaches over and entwines his fingers in mine giving them a squeeze. His head turns and out of the corner of my eye I catch him looking at me, a smile appears on his face. 

"I love you" he says breaking the comfortable silence that surrounded us. My breath catches in my throat at every word, I turn to look at him and his brown eyes look deep into mine and I knew he meant every word, a slight smile crosses my face.

"I...I-I love you too."