Capture the Flag Maddness Part 1

(S/s)---> shirt size
(P/w)---> preferred weapon of choice
(M/f/n)---> mispronounced first name
(M/l/n)---> mispronounced last name

(F/n)'s POV

    After dinner, Percy, Leo, Jason, Annabeth, Piper, Nico, and the nymph walked up to me. Hazel and Frank left dinner early, remembering that I overheard them saying that they were leaving for Camp Jupiter. They all were wide-eyed and in shock. I nervously laughed and asked, "What's wrong...?"

     "Do you know who you just challenged?!" Percy and the nymph yelled. I shook my head, no. The nymph sighed and said, "Before I explain to you who that was, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Flor and thank you for standing up for me. That girl was Clarisse LaRue, a daughter of Ares and the scariest and fiercest camper in all of Camp Half-Blood. You'll end up in the infirmary for the rest of the summer!"

"I'll be ok! Don't worry!" I answered in a cheerfully tone. Everyone looked at me, like I threw two extra heads. Then everyone, but Nico, left to prepare for capture the flag. I turned to Nico and asked, "What's capture the flag like at Camp Half-Blood?"

"It's not like normal capture the flag. Let's get you a weapon and some armor," Nico stated before dragging me behind him. He led me down to a forge and we entered it. A few campers, covered in oil and grease, were working on things, like helmets and swords. One of them, a girl wearing a bandana, walked up to us.

"Hey Nico, what brings you to the forges?" the bandana girl asked. Nico suddenly blushed in embarrassment and answered, "I confused this for the armory..."

"Oh! It's by the Athena cabin!" the girl answered. Nico nodded and silently mumbled, "Thanks...Nyssa," before dragging me out of the forge. He then dragged over to the Athena Cabin and we entered the armory. Weapons and armor of all sizes and sorts laid around the room. I gasped in awe.

"What's your shirt size?" Nico asked. I then replied, "Umm...(s/s)," before twiddling my thumbs. He looked through the piles of armor and pulled out a (s/s)-looking chest armor. Nico handed me the chest armor and I put it on. The armor fit me perfectly. Nico then threw me a helmet, with blue feathers standing up, and I caught it before putting it on. He then sighed and told me, "Now pick out a weapon."

Nico beckoned me to look through the piles of weapons. As I looked through the varieties of weapons, I noticed a bronze (p/w). I smiled as I picked up the weapon. Nico suddenly mumbled, "Interesting choice for a weapon..."

"Did you say something?" I asked, pretending to not have heard what he said. He looked at up and answered, "Nothing...let's go. Capture the flag is about to start. We're on the blue team."

Nico then dragged me out of the armory and to the entrance of Camp Half-Blood's woods. All the campers were standing around a tall podium, which Chiron and an older man with purple eyes and black hair, along with a black beard. We walked towards the podium and waited for the old guy or Chiron to speak of capture of the flag.

    "Good evening, demigods! It's Friday, so you know what that means?" Chiron greeted everyone. All the campers began cheering, many banging their weapons or fiats against the grassy ground. The old guy rolled his eyes and yelled with sarcasm, "Yeah, yeah, we're all excited for capture the flag! The blue team is the Hermes cabin, the Athena cabin, the Poseidon cabin, the Demeter cabin, the Apollo cabin, the Zeus cabin, the Hebe cabin, and the Hades cabin! The red team is the Ares cabin, the Aphrodite cabin, the Tyche cabin, the Nemesis cabin, the Hephaestus cabin, the Iris cabin, the Nike cabin, the Dionysus cabin, the Hypnos cabin, the Hecate cabin! Blue flag is located on the left side of the woods while red flag is on the right side of the woods!"

     I glared at that man, he seemed very rude. Was he a demigod? The man seemed to notice my confusion and pointed to me before saying shouting, "You! The girl who's next to Nick DiAngel! And Clare LaRussell!"

     Everyone turned to face me and I was more confused. Nico shoved me a little, signaling me to walk up to the podium. I slowly and shamefully walked up to the podium. The man smirked, like he enjoyed my suffering. He then announced, "The team captain of the red team will be Clare LaRussell and the team captain of the blue team will be..."

"(F/n) (L/n)," I stated respectfully. The man rolled his eyes and yelled, "The team captain of the blue team will be (M/f/n) (L/f/n)! Capture the flag will begin in 5 minutes!"

     I face-palmed with annoyance. It's (F/n) (L/n), not (M/f/n)! Suddenly someone pointed me in the back with a sword. I turned around to see everyone, at least a hundred, on the blue team staring at me. I gulped in fear and I saw Percy walk up to me. He whispered to me, "Just tell them your battle plan."

     "Ok...?" I replied. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I looked at the demigods nervously. Taking a deep breath, I told everyone a battle plan.

     "Those who are part of the Hermes cabin will be the scouts and will be protected by those part of the Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon cabins. The Hebe and Athena cabins will be defensive scouts, searching for nearby members of the red team. Finally the Demeter and Apollo cabins will be the ones who guard our flag. Does everyone understand the plan?" I said.

     "YES!" everyone yelled their answer. I smiled brightly, proud of myself for taking charge. Percy smiled at me and mouthed, "Good job, (F/n)!" with two thumbs up.

     "Campers, get into positions!" Chiron yelled. Everyone ran into the woods and I merely followed Nico, who was quiet that whole time. Suddenly Chiron yelled, "MAY CAPTURE THE FLAG BEGIN!!!"

Deadly capture the flag has begun.