Time for a Quest

(F/n)'s POV

     The walk to the Big House was in silence. I couldn't help feel Chiron's disappointed look and Mr. D's happy smirk burn through me. They didn't know what Dillion was doing to me! I have lots of witnesses to defend me! A few minutes later, we entered the Big House. I remembered waking up here when I came to Camp Half-Blood.

     "Let me show you my office," stated Chiron as he showed me around the Big House. His office had a desk full of paperwork and a record-player on top. There was also a computer and a boom box that played horrible Italian music. The whole room was walked with bronze. Chiron beckoned me to sit down and I did so.

     "Now Ms. (L/n), you're not actually here for beating up Mr. McDonald. I must say that I'm actually proud of you for doing so," stated Chiron. Mr. D grumbled in annoyance something about wanting to turn me into a dolphin for punishment and then  left the room.

     "Thank god..." I audibly sighed in relief as I felt that weight being lifted from my shoulders. That was soon replaced by confusion. I  then asked Chiron, "Then why am I here for then?"

"On the day you arrived at camp, we received a prophecy from our Oracle, Rachel. According to it, we believe that Typhon is close to rising from Tartarus," answered Chiron in a cautious tone. I suddenly heard Hera's voice in my mind pipe up, Not him again! He's the gods' greatest enemy, we had so much trouble the last time he came to the surface!

"What does this have to do with me...?" I asked with nervousness, biting my bottom lip. Chiron then handed me a piece of paper and stated, "We wrote down the prophecy for you."

I took the piece of paper and began reading it. It was in English, which made my dyslexia act up. I preferred reading in Greek than confusing English.

The peacock, the skull, and the torch, until the full moon's bloom, must journey afar.

To follow the guidance of the great North Star.

In order to conceal the great storm from its anger.

In the end, one must pick the right answer.

Life or death, the birth giver or the necromancer.

I looked up from the paper and gave Chiron, a 'what the f***' look. Chiron sighed and stated, "It's one of the most...interesting prophecies we had in a long time. I must advise you that prophecies have double meanings, which make them very confusing at times."

     "When is the full moon's bloom?" I asked.

     "On the 20th, the day before the Summer Solstice. You have roughly...two weeks to complete this quest," answered Chiron.

     "Ok...but who's the skull and who's the torch?" I then asked confusedly. Chiron sighed, "That would be..."

     Suddenly Nico and Eric bursted into the room, breathless and wide-eyed. They looked like they ran a billion miles. Both boys then exclaimed to Chiron, "What (F/n) did to Dillion was all in self-defense! Don't have Mr. D turn her into a dolphin!!!"

     "Speak of Tartarus, there they are!" Chiron chuckled at the boys. Nico and Eric looked very confused until Chiron said, "Ms. (L/n) isn't in trouble, Mr. Di Angelo and Mr. Riki! The only reason I bought her to the Big House was so I could tell her that you three are part of a prophecy."

     "Crap..." I heard Nico curse under his breath. Eric, on the other hand, looked very happy. He exclaimed with joy, "Yay, I get to go to the outside world!!!"

     "Yes, all three of you will leave tomorrow. Your best bet for completing this quest is to go to Tuson, Arizona. That's the capital of astronomy in America," stated Chiron. We all nodded, showing that we understood what he said. Chiron then said, "You three are dismissed."

     Nico, Eric, and I then left the Big House together. Once outside, I noticed Eric was jumping with joy while Nico looked like he wanted to throw himself into the pits of hell. I then mumbled to the boys, "So...umm..."

     "Another quest...with two weirdos this time..." I heard Nico grumble under his breath. I frowned at him and looked at Eric, who didn't hear what Nico said. With a sigh, I stated, "I'm going head back to my cabin. See you guys at lunch..."