Something's In the Air

(F/n)'s POV

The Stoll brothers, Percy, and I left the Big House. Awkward tension was noticeable in the air. As we made our way back to the Hermes cabin, I had a conversation with them about Hera.

"Why does everyone hate Hera? I know she was definitely famous for her jealousy, but did she do something wrong?" I asked confused. Travis, Connor, and Percy looked at me with sympathy.

"Hera...did a lot of stuff. She hates my girlfriend and always messes with her and she kinda started a war?" Percy answered. I ran my hand through my hair. Travis then added, "To sum it all up, most of the people at Camp Half-Blood hate Hera. You better be on your toes, (F/n)."

"Do...Do you guys hate me because I'm Hera's daughter...?" I asked softly. The three boys shook their heads, no, in unison. Connor then commented, "We haven't really got to know you, but you seem like a nice person! And you haven't done anything wrong...yet?"

"Yay, what Connor says! You and me are cool as long as you don't do anything to hurt anyone!" Travis added.

"We're also cool, but if you do something bad, then we're not cool," stated Percy. Smiling, I quickly hugged the three of them. They slowly hugged back and I heard Percy whisper, "Kinda like Andy, Bre, and Finn..."

I had no idea who those people were, but hopefully being compared to them was a good thing. We then ended our group hug and walked up to the Hermes cabin. The Stoll brothers, Percy, and I then entered the cabin. Campers were still up and chatting upon one another. They all stopped when they noticed our presence.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in!" said a smug cocky voice. I looked around to find the voice belonged to a pug-faced wrinkly boy. He was very plump, had mud brown eyes, curly red hair, and sickly pale skin.

"And who are you?" I asked the boy, my arms crossed and an annoyed look in my eyes. The boy gave me a toothless smirk and answered, "Dillion McDonald, son of Hermes, to you, Peacock Face! Why are you still here?!"

That little snot began to tick me off. I walked up to him and said in a venomous tone, "First of all, kid, my name's not Peacock Face! And second, I'm a camper at Camp Half-Blood and I ain't leaving!"

The brat smirked at me and the Stoll brothers stood in the middle of me and that brat Dillion, preventing this from escalating. Percy then grabbed my duffle bag and messenger bag. Dillion then said, "You better watch your back, Peacock Face. Hermes kids are known for their vicious pranks."

I rolled my eyes at him and the Stoll brothers, Percy, and I then left the Hermes cabin. The second we came out of the cabin, Eric walked out of the cabin behind us. He looked upset and walked up to me. I asked him, "Eric? Why...Why are you out here?"

"I need to warn you about Dillion. His pranks are horrible and could severely damage your reputation at camp," Eric answered me with concern. I glanced at him and looked at Percy, Connor, and Travis. I then asked them, "Can I talk to Eric in my cabin?"

"Well usually campers of the opposite sex and are from a different cabin then you're own aren't allow to be in your cabin with you alone..." Percy answered.

"Buttttttt Hera and Eileithyia are related, so that's makes this situation an exception! And besides Percy, you and Annabeth are always alone and together in your cabin!" Connor and Travis chimed in. Percy blushed a bright red and exclaimed in defense, "Bre's sometimes in there too!"

"Uh...before I leave, can someone tell me who Bre is? And Andy? And Finn?" I asked confusedly.

"Bre's my baby sister and Andy and Finn are her best friends. Andy's a daughter of Athena while Finn's a daughter of Hephaestus. I can introduce them to you tomorrow if you want," answered Percy. I nodded my head and replied back, "I would love to! I bet they're very nice people!"

Percy then chuckled, "They definitely are. By the way, good night, (F/n)."

He handed me my luggage and walked away. The Stoll brothers also said goodnight to me and then walked away with Percy. I turned to Eric and asked, "You wanna go inside now?"

"Yeah," he replied. We then entered the Hera cabin. The room was lit up with torches and planked with marble. I saw a marble statue of Hera in the middle of the room. There was a small twin-sized bed in front of the statue. We sat down on the bed.

"Dillion once pulled the worst prank in Camp Half-Blood history. His victim was a poor Aphrodite girl named...what was her name? Oh it was Marietta Collins. Two years ago, he shaved Marietta bald and tied to the rock climbing wall while she was asleep. She was found the next morning by an Apollo kid. He rescued Marietta and she was scarred from it. She left Camp Half-Blood and never returned. A couple weeks after the incident, Chiron informed everyone at camp that after Marietta left, she...she committed...she committed suicide..." Eric whispered. I mutely gasped in horror. That brat was going down.

"Eric...thank you for telling me this! That snotty brat is definitely going down!" I whispered back. Eric shook his head and whispered frantically, "No, (F/n), you can't! I-I...I don't want you to get hurt!"

That made me pause and looked at Eric with a soft smile. I then embraced him in a warm hug. He was tense at first and slowly hugged back. As Eric and I hugged, I had the feeling that someone was watching us. Little did I know, a very familiar son of Hades was indeed watching us with jealously in his onyx eyes.