Chapter 19

The weekend had passed quickly and it was already Monday. I hadn´t seen Jc since Saturday but we had plans for the evening. It felt strange to go to school when I couldn´t hang out with Kayla, Sophie, Alicia or even Alice. Alice was the only person I could always rely on, could always go to if I needed someone and now I didn´t have her anymore. Of course I knew other people in school, but not as well as I knew them.

Between two classes I sat outside with a girl named Laura and we talked a bit about some mutual friends.

"I heard that you're together with Jc Caylen." She said suddenly.

"Uh yeah." I said nervously, I didn´t know what she would think. Half the girls didn´t like Jc, the other half did.

"But I've heard rumors that you've hung out with Bradley Tanner this weekend."

"Huh?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, some girls had seen you. You do know that Bradley is like Jc, as popular I mean." I actually didn´t know anything at all about him. I hadn´t seen him before, but apparently there were many who knew who he was. But I didn´t want anyone to know that I met him, much less that Jc would know.

"Then they must have seen wrong, I haven´t met him." I lied. She shrugged.

"It was just what I heard people talking about today." She said. "But hey, I gotta go now, but we have to hang out soon!" She said and stood up and walked into the building. I sat there for a while before I had to go before my next lesson. I wasn´t exactly surprised that people were talking about me. Jc´s girls always got talked about, good and bad. Suddenly I heard some girls talking loudly and I was listening curiously.

"I can´t believe how she could meet Bradley Tanner." I hear someone say and realized they were talking about me.

"She has changed so much. First Jc Caylen, now Bradley." I heard another one say, and I recognized the voice, Kayla.

"I actually didn´t think she was such a girl as soon as she gets some attention she would change." I heard Alicia say and everyone laughed a little bit sarcastic.

"Ali probably thinks that all the guys will come running after her now when she gets the attention from two hot guys." I heard Kayla say. I felt my confidence went to the bottom. I was completely empty. How could my best friends sit and talk like that?

"She's definitely not that good looking, so she must surely be good in bed." I heard a girl say, and all the girls started laughing. That's when I had enough. I felt ashamed, embarrassed and humiliated. I stood up and started walking around the corner to meet the girls. The tears had already started to run when I saw the five-six girls sitting on the grass and laugh.

"Fuck you." I exclaimed, and they immediately stopped laughing and stared at me in surprise.

"Ali." Alicia murmured and looked down at the ground.

"Fucking great friends I have." I said and tried to wipe away the tears from my cheeks. "I heard everything you said and I thought we were better friends than that, Alicia and Kayla."

"But Ali, come on ..." Kayla said apologetic.

"Come on what? You are so fucking fake Kayla, I never want to fucking talk to you again." I shouted and ran away before they could say anything more, and I went to the parking lot. I swore frustrated when I couldn´t find my car, but in the end I saw it parked furthest away and I went with quick steps so that no more people would see me cry. As I sat in the car, I started to burst into tears and leaned against the steering wheel.

When I got home I immediately ran up to my room and laid me on the bed. I didn´t even want see myself in the mirror. My mascara had probably run down my cheeks and I would be completely reddened in the face. All the way home I had cried and now couldn´t stop. I still couldn´t understand how two of my so-called best friends could talk like that about me. Laughed at me. I pulled my knees up against my body and lay in a fetal position. I felt completely alone. No one was there for me right now. Just then I heard my cell phone vibrate, I glanced at the screen and saw that it was Jc who was calling. At first I ignored it, but then I sat up and took a deep breath, trying to not sound sad. I didn´t want to show myself weak for him.

"Hi." I replied.

"Hey Ali! Has something happened? You sound sad." I tried not to cry, but when I thought about how they laughed at me, I couldn´t withhold my tears.

"Ali, are you home? I'm coming over." Jc said and hung up before I could reply. I lay down and began to cry again.

I was still in bed a while later and cried, when I suddenly heard someone knocking on the window. I sat up and saw Jc stand outside on the little roof of our patio that was below. He looked sad when he met my gaze. I went over and opened the window and in seconds he was inside the room. I threw my arms around him right away and he pulled me to him tightly. Once again the tears flowed down my cheeks, still wet from crying before. He stroked my hair and led us slowly towards the bed. He sat down and pulled me close so my head was on his chest. He held me and I felt safe. I felt that maybe everything would be fine. But not right now. I had received several texts from my friends but I ignored them.

"Ali everything will be fine. You are better off without them." Jc whispered and tried to comfort me.

"No it won´t. I have no one but them." I said and tried to wipe the tears.

”You have me. I will always be here. Okay?" He said and kissed my hair.

"But my friends have been there for me for many, many years. Now I can´t even think of ever forgiving them. But they mean so much to me." I said and sobbed.

"But babe, friends shouldn´t make you cry like this. Friends should make you feel good."

"I know." I murmured and held him tighter. I was afraid to let him go. I knew I had opened my heart to him and was able to get it broken anytime. But still, I trusted him, despite his reputation. He made me feel safe. He was there for me when I needed him. Despite what everyone else said and thought. I knew how I felt about him.

"Jc." I said and sat up. Suddenly, I was nervous of what I was about to say. He looked at me blankly.

"I love you." I said as I looked into his brown eyes. It was quiet for a while but we didn´t break eye contact. Suddenly he opened his mouth to break the silence.

"I love you too."

---------------------------------------

Please vote and comment, thanks :)