Chapter 40

I was waiting. I was waiting for something to happen. The week had been too quiet, no drama, nothing at all. No fuss. Everything had been quiet and still. Jc and I had had a really good and normal week. We had met almost every day, and since we had been on the cliff I had felt more in love than ever. But I still had that feeling in my stomach that something would soon happen. Always when everything felt good, something would happen to destroy the peaceful atmosphere.

But when I got up from my bed on Friday morning I thought we would have a quiet weekend, drama free, but oh how wrong I was.

I took the car to school and walked towards my literature lecture. I sat far back and prepared myself to struggle keeping my eyes open. I hadn´t slept so much I tried drinking coffee to be more alert, but spat it out after a gulp and went to school without anything.

"Love is like the wind, you can´t see it but you can feel it- Nicholas Sparks." The professor said out loud so everyone would be quiet and show that the lesson started.

"Write down a few lines or words about what you think of when you hear that phrase, don´t show it to someone only have it to yourself. If you can think of any other quotes that remind you of something, write it down." He went on and immediately everyone started to take out paper and pencil.

My relationship.

Was the only thing I wrote. I got a picture of me and Jc as soon as the professor said the sentence. No one really understood our love, nobody could see it, but I felt it, I knew how I felt about him. Despite our incredible upside-down relationship I loved him after all. Actually even I couldn´t really understand how we could still been together, after all he has done, and everything over half a year. But he had such an effect on me that I simply couldn't resist, as much as I would like, he had that power over me and I couldn't do anything against it. But now I didn´t want to fight against it, as I would have liked to in the beginning of our so called relationship. It was scary to think how forgiving and naive I was before. But I was scared and I knew that I couldn't do anything about it, he had chosen me as a challenge and he was Jc Caylen, he always got what he wanted. I disappeared so deeply in my thoughts that I hadn´t noticed that the professor started to talk again, so I tried to listen to what he was talking about, but I couldn't quite let go of my thoughts.

When the lesson was over, I went out and sat down in the hallway waiting for the next lesson to begin. A bunch of students sat a few feet away from me and seemed to have a lively discussion so I listened to them while I read through my notes.

"Ey, you know who Nathan is right?” One of the girls asked.

"He apparently slept with Caylen´s chick." She continued, and I froze.

"Haha, as if someone could make a move on that chick? Caylen is protective as hell." Said one guy and everyone laughed.

"Yes, but I've heard several say that, at a party apparently." Another girl said. Rumors were spreading? About me? I thought desperately and suddenly became very dry throat. I knew that people would talk about me as soon as Jc gave me some attention, but such rumors? Where did they come from?

"But I thought it was something between Ali and Bradley, they fucking danced together at a party."

"What does that chick do at parties anyway? Gets drunk and sleeps around?" Said one guy and everyone laughed in a taunting manner. I could feel the tears coming.

"Damn, I who thought she was hot and seemed to be a pretty quiet girl, but now we know that she is sleeping around, wow, three guys at the same time." The words echoed in my head. I wanted to run up to them, yell at them that they were not true, but I couldn't move my legs. To hear people talk like that, over and over again did something to my confidence.