Chapter 28

The whole weekend had flown by and it was already time to go back to school again. Mom and dad would come home tomorrow so I had the whole house to myself for one more day. Jc had called me and me texted me since yesterday, but I had just ignored him. Right now I didn´t have anything to do with him. I had to have time to think, without him. At this moment I am missing my friends, they could always get me in a better mood, help me with my problems. But then I got to thinking about how badly they treated me when I started dating Jc, spread rumors and talked behind my back. So no, I had to take care of myself. I had to really think about if I thought Jc had been cheating on me or not.

I felt nervous when I would go out of the car in the school parking lot. I hopped that I wouldn't run into Jc today, or even this week. Even less I wanted to meet Bradley or Nathan. I began to go into the big building and walk to my classroom, luckily I didn´t meet anyone I didn´t want to meet on the way. I sat next to a girl I used to sit next to and we started talking a little before the lesson began. I tried to focus but I was way too absent-minded for it, but fortunately the lesson still went by fast. I had lunch and then one more lesson this day. When I was sitting in the cafeteria with Lindsay I saw Nathan a little further away, I froze and panicked when we both looked at each other. He looked utterly destroyed, he had bruises and wounds. He looked hurt but infuriated, but he immediately looked away and relief washed over me when he seemed to give up. Without a huge interest in what Lindsay told me, I tried to listen to what she had to say.

Three hours later I was on my way to my car when I saw Jc standing next to it, he had his hands in his pockets and looked sad. I took a deep breath and tried not to get too exasperated. He had a blue beanie on and I had always thought he was so good looking in it, I tried my best not just throw my arms around him and forgive him. I took a deep breath as I stood a meter away from him.

"Jc, I don´t feel like talking yet ..."

"I know Ali, but I just need to know if you can forgive me." He said and took a step towards me, but I pulled back.

"I don’t know that yet, I don't know if I can trust you."

"I promise you that I haven´t cheated on you, I would never do such a thing. I understand that it may be hard to believe, given my reputation, but I have really changed. You have changed me Ali. These two months with you has been unprecedented. I've barely been able to fall asleep without you next to me." He said and I was totally blown away by his words.

"I feel the same Jc, but you still have to understand how it looks from my point of view. You have to let me get time for myself if I'm going to be able to trust you again."

"I know, because I'm going to let you get the time, I just wanted to say this. Is it okay if I hug you first?" He asked and smiled innocently. I nodded and he embraced me tight. He kissed me on the forehead before he took a step back.

"Call or text me when you just want to talk or hang out." He said, and smiled weakly before he walked away. I was about to call after him, but stopped myself. I couldn't forgive him so swiftly or easily. I sat in the car and headed home, the tears ran down my cheeks but I dried them stubbornly away.

Three weeks had passed since I last talked with Jc in reality. The first week we had hardly talked at all. But then I had begun to miss him as we began to text a few times per day, and then they had become more frequent and more often. He stated several times that he hadn´t slept with Jenna, that she was just someone who he had used to hang out with before. I didn't think that Jc could be cheating on me either, but still, I couldn´t stop thinking about that he could have done it. Of course I wanted to forgive him, I missed him immensely. But on the other hand I didn´t want to be a girl who takes back the guy directly. I knew that he missed me, he wrote that every day. Honestly, I was still surprised that he was here, Jc was not the type who was waiting for a girl, no girls waited for him. Therefore I really meant something to him, pretty much. Yet I couldn't make up my mind about what I thought. I had been so distant when I talked to Jc because I instead I put my mind to studying those weeks when I haven't been with Jc, it had been so difficult to study when I was with him since he doesn´t really think it was so interesting and fun to study. But now school was finished for this semester and I had finally been able to relax, but it also meant that I had more time to think, which usually ended in frustration. But my brother and sister would come home in a few days, which meant that the Ariana was able to help me a bit with my dilemma. I hoped that the days would go by quickly. As they did, it was already December 21 and my siblings had just arrived home. Mom and I had prepared all over the house and the Christmas tree was finished. Ariana and I sat inside her room and I explained the whole situation with Jc, though I left out the part about his somewhat impetuous temperament.