Chapter 36

Ali's pov

When I woke up, it felt as if I hadn´t been sleeping at all. My head was full of thoughts spinning around. I groaned out loud when I had to get up out of bed to make it in time for school. I showered quickly to try to be more alert, but it didn´t exactly help. I tried to cover my weary and pale face with makeup but it just got worse. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie and went down to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My parents had already gone to work but mom had left breakfast for me on the table and I ate hungrily.

When I got to school I ran towards my first lesson, I sat far back and just wanted to be left alone. I was in no mood to talk to anyone today, I just wanted to go home and sleep.

"Hi Ali!" Suddenly, I heard someone say next to me. I turned my head to the side and looked who it was, Alice. She sat down on the seat beside me and unconsciously I moved me a little to the side.

"Hi." I muttered.

"Can I see you after class? I need to talk to you." She whispered as the teacher came into the room.

"Not today Alice."

"Please, just a few minutes." She begged and laid a hand on my arm. I sighed loudly.

"Okay then, just a few minutes." I said and she looked pleased. I couldn't focus throughout the lesson, but I was nervous and pensive on what she wanted to say. The lesson was over fairly quickly and we went out to our usual place.

"So, what did you want to say?" I asked annoyed.

"Forgive me Ali. I want to apologize. We have been friends for a too long time to lose our friendship for a guy. I really miss you so much and I am really sorry about what I did to you." She said and looked sad. Not until now had I really realized how much I missed her. How much I missed my best friend.

"I'm sorry Alice!" I exclaimed and threw my arms around her. She hugged me back and I felt tears in my eyes.

"You shouldn't be apologizing Ali, I made a mistake!" She whispered.  

"No." I said and let go of her. She looked confused. "I made a mistake. It is I who pushed you away. I left you for a guy. But you also need to understand that he means so much to me. And now maybe I ruined everything." I said and sobbed.

"Ali, let´s go home to me. We need to talk, now. We can skip the lessons today." She said and persuaded me quite easily. She took my hand and we walked to her car. Neither of us said anything during the time we went home, it was only when we were sitting in her living room I started talking.

"I've really missed all of you. But it became too much when I heard what you said behind my back." I said.

"I know Ali. I still don´t like Jc, and I will probably never either. But if he makes you happy, then I'm happy." She said and I started crying immediately.

"What happened?" She exclaimed in despair. I wiped away the tears from my cheeks and tried to give her a smile, but it didn´t reach my lips.

"We had a fight yesterday, or I don't really know what happened. But then we made up..."

"What were you fighting about?" I took a deep breath but then I started crying immediately. I decided to tell everything to Alice. She listened carefully and comforted me. I told her about how he had been so violent in the beginning, but also how he now had stopped, about Bradley, and how our relationship was up and down all the time. She became angry, both at me and Jc, but eventually she held me and whispered that everything would be fine while I cried.

"Ali, you have to talk to Bradley, and to Jc." She said seriously.

"I know ..." I mumbled.

"I mean it, you have to break it with Bradley, I say this very reluctantly but Jc loves you, I've never seen him hold on to a girl more than a week, Ali it's been several months now and he is still there with you." She said encouragingly.