Chapter 3 - Initiation Part 2: Trouble Is As Trouble Does

Hey guys. Let me know what you think.

÷>$>"*#,÷(/["",;

Tigris fell through the branches, every once in a while using one to slow her fall, towards the ground. As she landed she went into a roll and came up crouching, ready for any Grimm. She listened intently to the sounds of the forest around her. The sound of a snapping twig behind her alerted her to another's presence. And her instincts told her to duck. Her instincts didn't fail her. She barely ducked in time as something sharp passed through her hair.

A voice she didn't want to here sang out. "Oh David?"

Then came the creaking from all the trees around her. She dodged the falling tree beside her and quickly had to dodge several more. Hesitantly she stood up fearing the worst. Sure enough, standing where the destruction began was the samurai girl. They made eye contact.

"Oh phooie!" Iris pouted. "Your not David!"

"No duh." Tigris snorted as she ran her fingers through her hair. Several strands fell to the ground as she sighed in frustration. "Now I have to get a hair cut." Her hair was trimmed unevenly causing her to sigh again. She had been trying to grow it out. "Let's go get ourselves a relic." She ordered before walking away. She didn't glance back to make sure the samurai girl was following. The sound of her footsteps told her what she needed to know. At least she had a strong partner. Even if she was a sword waving idiot. On the plus side she wasn't Ginger.

Ozpin watched the section of the forest that had just collapsed. Glynda was currently trying to get hold of personnel to do damage control. Each year they budgeted damage to the grounds to cover these little test but the damage had never been so easily assessed.

"I know I said to not hesitate to destroy everything in their path but I didn't think they would take it quite so literal." He chuckled.

"This is no laughing matter." Glynda scowled as she scheduled a crew to over see the clean up. "A single student just caused thousands of dollars of damage."

"Just means we have many potential students this year." He chuckled as several more trees fell in another area. "Show me footage of each of the teams already formed." He instructed. Glynda obeyed shifting her data pad for him to view. "Most of the partners have already been formed. Let's see which pairs are teamed together." He chuckled as he watched several of the students begin making their way towards the temple while others ran into troubles.

David pulled his shield beneath him to cushion the landing as he approached a small clearing in the trees. In the clearing was a solo Beowolf, most likely a scout. Upon landing he activated one of the ports on his shield ejecting a blade straight into its gut, hilt first. Being winded it didn't have time as he lept forward to grab the hilt which had spun back towards him. Within moments he cut the beast down silencing it before it could call to any others nearby. Leaving the corpse to disintegrate he turned to where the temple should be and began walking.

A few minutes went by when the sound of a woman scolding someone could be heard. Perplexed, David moved in the direction the voice was coming from which was I bit to the left of where he was heading.

"How dare you attack a defenseless young girl!" He could now make out the words of the girl. "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" He came upon another small clearing to find the strangest thing he had ever seen.

Standing in the clearing was a girl about his age. She had pink hair and was wearing a pretty green shirt and a matching skirt that came down past her knees, the entire outfit had pink sparkles. But what really caught his eye was the two pup Beowolfs cowering in front of her.