Tigris Grimm

Hey all. This chapter took a while mostly because I was being lazy but partly because I was having a hard time with the flow. I also ended up cutting the chapter in half and am not sure how long the other half of the chapter will take. So much going on and all that. Let me know what you think of the chapter and thanks in advance for all the support you guys give me.

#&@<@>#*$*$*$*#

Tigris was floating in the darkness of her subconscious. Slowly the darkness faded to reveal herself surrounded by large bubbles of colorful images. Upon closer inspection, bubbles were memories of her childhood. Faintly she could hear shouting and fighting in the background behind her where no memories were. Despite that, she felt no sense of urgency. Everything felt dim and emotions faded. Even if she wanted to find out why there was so much noise there was nothing she could have done about it. There never was. There was only the feeling of being subtly drawn to the memories hidden here. The ones she couldn't remember outside of sleep.

A bubble drew closer and she reached out a hand to touch it. Upon contact the darkness was chased away by a blinding light.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Suddenly she was a five year old girl sitting in the woods listening to a lecture from her mother. Her conscious was still older, but she knew her body was on auto-pilot. This was only a memory but it was still nice to see her mother's face. It was like looking at her future when she looked at her mother. She was the same height as her mother now while her mother had all the looks and figure that maturity gave.

" - and remember, if anyone asks your name don't tell them you're last name is Grimm." Her mother finish her lecture.

"yes Mama." Little Tigris smiled up at her. In her arms was a baby Beowolf. "Can I bring Henrietta?"

"No," her mother sighed. "You cant bring any of your friends. The townspeople won't like them. Now tell me what I said about while we're in town."

"I'm not a Grimm!" little Tigris shouted throwing her hands in the air.

Her mother sighed. "Close enough. Let's go."

Once in town, Tigris looked around excitedly at each stand and what they sold. Her and her mothered had always lived outside of the town and this was the first time she had been allowed to come into town with her. She had even been given a few precious coins for her to spend.

"I see you have the little trouble maker you spoke of with you," a tall man called out to her mother with a smile.

"Hey Charles," her mother smiled back before turning to her. "Mommy has to talk business. Go find something sweet to buy but make sure you stay close."

Nodding, Tigris began to wander through the stands. There were so many smells and sounds it was so fascinating. She had never seen so many people in one place before. It was actually kind of scary. Especially when someone scowled at her. She didn't understand why they would. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She hadn't broken anything or taken anything that wasn't hers. But those looks still made her walk a little faster.

After several more minutes of looking around she realized she was lost. There were less stands and people where she was. And those that were still around didn't look very nice. She could still hear the sound of the crowd but it seemed several streets away. Nose in the air, she tried to find her mother's scent.

"Did the doggy get lost?" a teenage boy asked her while laughing with his friends.

"I'm not a dog," Tigris spoke timidly. Something about their eyes made her scared. "I'm a tiger."